What's new

Treats in your HT? (1 Viewer)

I'm curious what other HT folks do for snacks or special treats during your presentations. Do you have some special treat or tradition?

I make my popcorn in a West Bend Stir Crazy popper, until I can get a real machine. I use butter salt but no particular type. I always use Extra Virgin Olive Oil instead of regular oil. I think it gives a much better taste.

I also make "Cajun Corn" - mixing some cayenne pepper with the kernals and butter salt. It's not for everyone, but those who like it will love it.

Besides that, we also make some finger-food snacks. Salami rollups - just hard salami with cream cheese spread on them and then rolled up. Serve chilled. Also pickle rollups - take the rectangular slices of ham, spread cream cheese over it and roll a pickle up in it. Then cut into slices, serve chilled.

My favorite are "Olive Surprises". It's a cheese dough surrounding an olive and baked. Yummy. Recipe available upon request.

If others would share your treats, I'd appreciate it...

Note to Moderators: Wasn't sure where to put this, seemed appropo since it goes with actually watching movies. After Hours Lounge seemed too off-topic. Move this where you wish - won't hurt my feelings.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
You know, this isn't a Movies-type discussion. It's a home theater-related discussion, and I don't know where to put it (Software doesn't seem like the right location). I'm letting it stay here until another moderator comes up with a better idea.

As for treats, beer. When friends come over, beer and pizza (though no food or drink are allowed anywhere near the remotes).

JoN:MiLLeR

Agent
as far as snack foods... im a big fan of the classic popcorn, usually microwaved, and coca-cola classic... doritos or cheese doodles work too

as far as real food... nothing beats pizza. it is the ultimate food :)

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
For long term snacks, ie not hot food you just cooked, I keep some type of chocolat bar, current One Grands minis, some M&Ms, jolly ranchers for the sweet tooth, and skittles too.

Microwave popcorn, snack crackers and/or ceral for snacking as well.

Diet Sodas in the mini-fridge, though I sometimes keep a variety of regular ones too.

Of course my HT is no where near a proper kitchen so runs to the real oven are a pain in the butt. You have to go on hunter-gatherer trips and then return "home" for a hunker down. :D

John S

Senior HTF Member
I try to offer most of the typical movie consessions stuff. Just to help the atmosphere.

I didn't screen anything this past weekend, because I had an HD superbowl party. I actually had a few people tell me, they were dissapointed I wasn't screening anything.

I was geeeesh, I'm going to have to start charging!!! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks