Treats in your HT?

Discussion in 'Movies' started by mike_bianchi, Feb 1, 2004.

1. mike_bianchi

mike_bianchi Extra

I'm curious what other HT folks do for snacks or special treats during your presentations. Do you have some special treat or tradition?

I make my popcorn in a West Bend Stir Crazy popper, until I can get a real machine. I use butter salt but no particular type. I always use Extra Virgin Olive Oil instead of regular oil. I think it gives a much better taste.

I also make "Cajun Corn" - mixing some cayenne pepper with the kernals and butter salt. It's not for everyone, but those who like it will love it.

Besides that, we also make some finger-food snacks. Salami rollups - just hard salami with cream cheese spread on them and then rolled up. Serve chilled. Also pickle rollups - take the rectangular slices of ham, spread cream cheese over it and roll a pickle up in it. Then cut into slices, serve chilled.

My favorite are "Olive Surprises". It's a cheese dough surrounding an olive and baked. Yummy. Recipe available upon request.

If others would share your treats, I'd appreciate it...

Note to Moderators: Wasn't sure where to put this, seemed appropo since it goes with actually watching movies. After Hours Lounge seemed too off-topic. Move this where you wish - won't hurt my feelings.

2. Garrett Lundy

Garrett Lundy Producer

Pork Rinds. (Low-carb diet ya'know). Chicken wings are just too messy for movie watching.

3. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

You know, this isn't a Movies-type discussion. It's a home theater-related discussion, and I don't know where to put it (Software doesn't seem like the right location). I'm letting it stay here until another moderator comes up with a better idea.

As for treats, beer. When friends come over, beer and pizza (though no food or drink are allowed anywhere near the remotes).

4. JoN:MiLLeR

JoN:MiLLeR Agent

as far as snack foods... im a big fan of the classic popcorn, usually microwaved, and coca-cola classic... doritos or cheese doodles work too

as far as real food... nothing beats pizza. it is the ultimate food [​IMG]

5. Seth Paxton

Seth Paxton Lead Actor

For long term snacks, ie not hot food you just cooked, I keep some type of chocolat bar, current One Grands minis, some M&Ms, jolly ranchers for the sweet tooth, and skittles too.

Microwave popcorn, snack crackers and/or ceral for snacking as well.

Diet Sodas in the mini-fridge, though I sometimes keep a variety of regular ones too.

Of course my HT is no where near a proper kitchen so runs to the real oven are a pain in the butt. You have to go on hunter-gatherer trips and then return "home" for a hunker down. [​IMG]

6. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So
    Basically chips and pop in our theater [​IMG]

7. John S

John S Producer

I try to offer most of the typical movie consessions stuff. Just to help the atmosphere.

I didn't screen anything this past weekend, because I had an HD superbowl party. I actually had a few people tell me, they were dissapointed I wasn't screening anything.

I was geeeesh, I'm going to have to start charging!!! lol