What's new

Transformers the movie: 2006 (1 Viewer)

Jonny_L

Stunt Coordinator

Yup, if they don't get the remaining ORIGINAL voice cast then what's the point? Peter Cullen and Frank Welker are still going strong and thats all that matters.

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
Most of the voice actors are still around. Welker is one of the all-time great voice actors, and I would hope they would bring him back for a project like this. With the sheer number of voices he did on TF, it would be important. Obviously, Cullen set the standard for Optimus Prime, and he did several voices as well. There are a few others who did multiple voices as well.

I'd say the biggest missing is Chris Latta, who voiced Starscream, among others. Scatman Crothers as Jazz would be missed too. It was the only voice he did, but it was memorable.

Greg_C_T

Second Unit
Guys, the mere thought of them getting Cullen and Welker on board for this project almost brings tears to my eyes. Seriously, to have the same voices on a new live-action film as the ones used on my favorite cartoon in the mid-80's? Talk about coming full-circle. I get goosebumps just thinking about it.

Pete-D

Screenwriter
Wow, I was expecting something really stylized and "CGI-ish" from that car commercial, but it looked very photorealistic.

It's gonna be great if they can get this right, but I can't belive the writer from CATWOMAN got hired for this. Ugh.

Greg_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
My perfect 1st five minutes of the movie:

Wierd Al's "All about the Pentiums" being played in the background as a parade of tanks runs over Bumblebee and that annoying kid from the 1st movie.

Chris Brock

Second Unit
I am as excited about this movie as any I can remember...............

*Running out to buy stock in the makers of Transformers toys*

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member

Unicron? Trilogy?
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif
then faints

Shawn_McD

Stunt Coordinator
I dont care what anyone says, the American Transformers rocks all other cartoons ever made...period.

I hope they get Leonard Nimoy on for Megatron/Galvatron....that was bloody priceless.

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
After playing both the VW clip and the New Citreon clip, the VW clip is good, but looks more like the next animated step for transformers, but the dancing car clip was just excellent. I do hope it would use that technology to bring them to life.

Bruce*A

Grip
I'm very scared of this movie.

I love the Transformers so much and I'm just shaking in my boots at the prosect of a "live action" film. There is so much that can go wrong. To do it right will be a HUGE undertaking and must be done by people who care for the characters not suits trying to get a dollar.

I'm interested but very scared.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks