What's new

"Transformers" HD DVD - HUD w/PiP & WEB NEXT GEN Features ROCKS!!! (1 Viewer)

Phil Iturralde

Screenwriter
This thread will HIGHLIGHT the HIGH DEFINITION NEXT GENERATION FEATURES in the HD DVD version of "Transformers" .

So, those curious (but were afraid to ask) will see what the ...

1) EXCLUSIVE HD DVD "Transformers" NEXT GEN FEATURES has ...

... vs. ...

2) the regular 2-Disc SD DVD "Transformers" Special Edition version!!!

------------------
Those that already have "Transformers" HD DVD Version can, ...

Take Advantage and Access the "REPEAT VIEWING" - VALUE ADDED NEXT GENERATION FEATURETTES!!!

1) True PiP Interactivity**
.... a. Picture-in-picture video commentary
.... b. Like "Transformers" H.U.D. Text & Video Commentary - including "Steven Spielberg"

2) Internet Connectivity**

3) Persistent Storage**

4) Memory for downloads (WEB)**
.... a. Like "Transformers" INTELIGENCE MODE & S7 Video Clips (noted below).
.... b. Three (3) more WEB ENABLED Features coming ...

........ 1. TRANSFORMERS Profiler
The Transformer Profiler serves as an in-movie guide for learning more about the production including cast, crew, locations, etc. Once downloaded, access the Profiler from the Extras menu while watching the movie.

........ 2. MENUBOTS
Transform your in-movie menubar to one featuring a Transformer. Select from multiple looks including Bumblebee, Optimus Prime and Megatron.

........ 3. MY CLIPS
Mark your favorite clips from the movie and then re-order them into a custom playlists. You can also share your new playlist with other connected users who also own the HD DVD.

I'll update this thread when the three above (3) WEB ENABLED Features come on line!!!

**NOTE: HDi spec since Day 1 (APRIL 2006)
---------------------------------------------

TO GET STARTED, let's 1st highlight

"Transformers" HD DVD Movie Scenes - H.U.D. w/TEXT & PiP Video Commentary NEXT GENERATION FEATURES

DISPLAY: 62" Toshiba 62HM196 1080p HDTV
CAMERA: Canon A550 7MP on a Tripod / Distant approx. 10'
................Flash = OFF
................Manual Mode / ISO 100 / F-Stop variable between -1/3 to -1

EXTRAS: Transformers H.U.D. Menu

Peter Cullen TEXT background INFO. Later on, you'll see Peter Cullen in a PiP Video voice acting w/the scene and action!!!

PiP Video Commentary "behind-the-scenes" INFO

PiP Video "behind-the-scenes" INFO

PiP Video Commentary "behind-the-scenes" INFO

TEXT INFO on "Blackout"

PiP Video Commentary w/Steven Spielberg!!!

TEXT INFO from ILM!!!

-------------------

More Images NEXT Post = "Transformers" HD DVD Movie Scenes - WEB Enabled INTELLIGENCE MODE w/GPS Tracking NEXT GENERATION FEATURES

Phil

Phil Iturralde

Screenwriter
"Transformers" HD DVD Movie Scenes - WEB Enabled INTELLIGENCE MODE w/GPS Tracking NEXT GENERATION FEATURES

DISPLAY: 62" Toshiba 62HM196 1080p HDTV
CAMERA: Canon A550 7MP on a Tripod / Distant approx. 10'
................Flash = OFF
................Manual Mode / ISO 100 / F-Stop variable between -1/3 to -1

WEB ENABLED FEATURES Menu - It took about approx. 10-15 secs. to download the INTELLIGENCE MODE w/GPS INFO - too fast to take a pic.

New Overlay Screen w/All Sorts of Cool INFO & GPS tracking of course (top right corner)

She looks familiar - some Fictional Movie Story Based Background INFO.

INFO where Bumblebee scanned this 1977 Camaro!

Funny INFO on Bobby Bolivia's 'mammy'!!!

1977 Camero SPEC's INFO.

Bumblebee signals the gang - w/some Fictional Movie Story Based Background INFO.!

SKORPONOK, Decepticon INFO - like what you'd find on the back of the Toy Blister Pack Card.

ADDITIONAL NOTES: WEB Enabled "INTELLIGENCE MODE" w/GPS tracking

The TEXT** & GPS Tracking adds more fictional behind-the-scene INFO and when a BOT is pertinent to the scenes, the STRENGTH Meter comes ON! As long as the BOT is part of that Scene, the STRENGTH Meter stays ON whether you see him or not!!! Pretty cool to watch how much damage they can take and in some cases, until they are terminated!

----------

**INTERESTING FICTIONAL MOVIE STORY BASED INFO REVEALED:
1. About Sam (Shia LaBeouf) & chores

2. Sam's missed opportunities w/Mikaela Banes (Megan Fox)

3. Interesting INTEL on each of the Decepticons and Autobots while on screen or off (some funny facts)
.... a) STRENGTH Meter STATUS ON
........ 1) ICON Either Represents the BOT's Disguise (Auto, Jet, etc.) or Natural Alien Cybertron State

5. Phone Customer Service (India) Rep. - why he's working there!

6. Maggie Madsen (Rachel Taylor) background - nice INFO to know!

7. Maggie & Glen Whitmann (Anthony Anderson) INFO - why she knew him

8. Mikaela Banes (Megan Fox) connection with the "FIRST SEVEN" - cool INFO

9. How Sam explains why he now owns a $500,000 Camaro!!!

.... etc., ... tidbit's of funny and great Fictional Movie Story Based trivia & INFO!

Also, don't forget to look for the 5 easter eggs on HD DVD disc 2!!!

----------------------------------------------------

That's it for here. I'll update this thread when the FOLLOWING WEB ENABLED Features comes ON-LINE ...

1. TRANSFORMERS Profiler

2. MENUBOTS

3. MY CLIPS

These images represents about half of what I took, to see them all (including these images), go HERE!!!

Phil

Phil Iturralde

Screenwriter
OH YEAH, BESIDES, ... WEB Enabled INTELLIGENCE MODE w/GPS Tracking NEXT GEN FEATURES, there is ALSO ...

... six "S7" Icons!!!

Each "S7" Icons has a short video.

-----

On Oct. 16th, 2007, when the HD DVD "Transformers" was released, three "S7" Icons video clips were released for download.

To recap, the first 3 ...

- 1st short video is a surveillance video clip in a garage (cool)

- 2nd short video viewing a street from an alley (funny) :)

- 3rd short video a family having a birthday party (could be unsettling?) :eek:

-------------------------

Well, the FINAL three "S7" Icons (10-27-07) short video clips have been uploaded!!!

- 4th short video clip in the back yard or park.

- 5th short video clip - wonder what that was???

- 6th short video - could tie into the "Transformers" movie!!!

===============

As we know, "Sector 7" ("S7") deals with the alien cover-ups, ...so, ... the captured "S7" Icons short video clips just proves, ... they are among us!!! :rolleyes:So obviously, those short video clips shows something transforming or, ... I won't spoil it here.

I can tell you that - 1st short video ... is an homage to one of the G1 Transformers!!!

Anyway, my son told me that fans of the G1 Transformers will recognize what or who ..... they are, ... caught on video by "Sector 7"!!!

Phil

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member
Phil, another Transformers thread? Are you serious? I hate to say it, but I'm really starting to question your intentions with all these threads.

Mods, what, I ask, is wrong with having one thread per release outside of review threads?

Phil Iturralde

Screenwriter

8.5 million SD DVD's were sold, ...

so FOR Those SD DVD "Transformers" Fans, ...

... getting a $98 - $198 Toshiba HD DVD Players will allow them to enjoy the ...

"REPEAT VIEWING" ADVANTAGE via the HIGH DEFINITION NEXT GENERATION FEATURES!!!

Phil

Phil Iturralde

Screenwriter

Your Welcome!!!
htf_images_smilies_rock.gif

Phil

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
I tend to avoid threads which don't hold my interest. Maybe that's just me.

Nice work, Phil. Makes me wish I had my X-A2 on broadband.

- Walter.

Phil Iturralde

Screenwriter
Aw, come-on guys, ... this is the ...

HT Software - High Definition

... thred!

RIGHT????

Where else would you HIGHLIGHT the High Definition NExT GERERATION FEATURES included in the HD DVD spec mandate for ALL HD DVD Players since Day 1 ...

1) True PiP Interactivity
2) WEB Connectivity (Ethernet port)

"Transformers" HD DVD just has given the Hi-Def fans their money's worth with this release, ... and I'm spreading the word, ... especially for the generation of "Transformers" fans that just bought the SD DVD - like my son!!!

Phil

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member

Walter, if this was an isolated incident, I would agree with you. But as I said in another thread, I've actually come to enjoy the HTF policy on "format war" talk, and while this thread isn't about the format war, it has an ulterior motive that even the OP admits too.

Of course, I am not a moderator here, but after turning a blind eye to a number of seeming inconsistencies in how "format war" talk is policed, as well as way too many Transformers threads, IMO, I felt like I should speak up and make my voice heard. Whether anyone agrees with me or decides to do something about it is another matter of course, but I felt it had reached the point that I needed to say something, and I am not sorry I did so.

Phil Iturralde

Screenwriter

Thanks Walter!!!

I didn't connect my HD-A1 on the WEB until someone @ work threw away a 25' ethernet cable when he was moving to another building!!! (in a pile of 'basura' outside his cube)

So, I grabbed it, took it home, connected it to an unused PC port on my Belkin G wireless routher, ... and my HD-A1 was WEB worthy!!! ;)

Timing was great, since "Heroes:Season 1" was released the next week and watching the extended "Season 2" trailer that I downloaded was just glorious!!!

Can't wait to see what is in ...

1. TRANSFORMERS Profiler

2. MENUBOTS

... after Paramount / Dreamworks uploads them into their server.

Phil

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member

Paul,

While I disagree, I understand your point of view. My attitude regarding war talk and the whole format war at this time is to simply focus on the good things about the next generation formats and have fun with them; and Web enabled coolness is definitely fun.

You can always start a thread about some cool feature on a Bd disc and I'll tell you how neat that is too. :)

Cheers,
Walter...

BrandonH

Stunt Coordinator
I appreciate the information and the pics too and think its really cool..
I am totally stoked on Transformers right now and hungry for any Transformers HD Info I can get my hands on.
So yeah thanks.
Fact is I have already forwarded this thread to three people who are not even members so who knows maybe we will pick up a couple of new people.
OH Plus I am also interested in see anything similar to Phil's post on Blu-Ray too because I will be getting a player that plays both.

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member

Walter, thanks for understanding my POV even if you don't agree. That's all I can ask for afterall. Anyway, my feelings are that there should be one thread per release outside of review threads, but that is not my call to make. I would however like to get some admins opinions on whether or not they think that is reasonable, and I would like to see "format war" talk threads policed more proactively, rather than waiting for them to eventually degenerate into chaos like the Warner thread is close to.

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
Hey Phil, at the end of the 4th S7 video there is a link, to sectorseven.org. I went there and there is a mock 'login' page that I wasn't able to proceed past. Any ideas on what the login is?

And Paul, yes I totally understand where you are coming from, but you should probably tread carefully. There is nothing in any of Phil's posts putting down or even commenting on Blu-Ray, so it's not really fair to say that this is a format war thread. Ironically, your posts commenting about that themselves threaten to become a self fulfilling prophecy, and turn this thread into a format war. Probably best to just let the mod's handle it.

Phil Iturralde

Screenwriter

Yeah, ... I think www.sectorseven.org website is a joke (Dreamworks / Paramount?) personally.

I tried all sorts of Log-in names and it want's ...

Maybe in the future, we will get the correct Log-in that will override and complete the Retinal Scan webpage!?!?!?

Funny movie tie-in though! :laugh:

Phil

BrandonH

Stunt Coordinator
Ah sweet.
He totally rocks. I'm fixing to order mine from Amazon he will sit next to my Buzz Light Year.
Still pricey @ 79.88 but worth it I think.

P.S.
here is what I am using for a wallpaper I saved it as 1024x768

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks