What's new

Toyota Camry or Honda Accord? (1 Viewer)

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Henry nice! Are you a previous Maxima owner? If you are I'm surprised to hear you even considering an Accord or Camry. ;)

I'd look at putting on a 5th generation SE muffler with your new catback. It's super quiet and has an internal valve which opens & releases backpressure when you gun the engine. I am in the process of getting one for a new 3rd or 4th gen I'm buying. The custom catback with Bosal muffler is loud as hell on my current Max.. was sorry I ever bought it.

ps- If you lived in Wisconsin you could've got this with your budget.
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Joshua_Y

Screenwriter
I have a 96 Honda Accord EX...CD, Sunroof, Spoiler, power everything...its just a beautiful car and it can really move...so get da Honda!

Henry Carmona

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry Carmona
Scott,
No ive never even owned an import. I have heard about the 5th gen mufflers and that sounds really interesting.

Are they readily available outside the dealership or do i have to bite the bullet and pay big bucks?

Where you getting yours?

Joshua,
I did look at some Hondas and did like them, but when i saw this Maxima i had to have it.

PS-Not that i condone such a thing :) But i kinda beat a Honda, so i know my Maxima is a bit faster :)

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
Great choice Henry. Even though I've worked for a Toyota dealership service dept for 32 years, I still prefer the way Nissans drive to Toyota or Honda. I've got an 01 Sentra SE myself and my next car in a couple of years will probably be either a Maxima or 02+ Altima 3.5se.

My ex has a 94 Altima that was once T-boned by an old lady in a Taurus, got fixed nicely, and is going strong at 80k miles.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Yo Henry how are ya liking your car? I see you just installed some new wood grain trim, looks sweet. I just bought a 96se today, the automagic on my 90gxe finally crapped out @ 181k. Pretty much because of the combination of the bolt-ons I put on and the way I drove it. :D :b But anyway here are some pics:

http://mason.gmu.edu/~sleonar3/pics/maxes2.jpg
http://mason.gmu.edu/~sleonar3/pics/maxes3.jpg

I got it pretty cheap since it had 130k on the clock but it's a 5-speed so I hope to get at least 200,000 out of her, even with the mods I'll put in. Needs some paint to get rid of the scratches in the back but a stereo system is first.. well if you don't count the clear corners I just bought. :emoji_thumbsup:

Henry Carmona

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry Carmona
Woah, nice 5 spd!

I had a chance at a white 97 5spd but the wife didnt let me :frowning:

Anyway, Im really loving my car man!
I need to settle down tho, that thing makes me feel like i've got a license to spd on the highway :)

Yeah, i just installed some wood trim. That stuff looks so nice!

Matter of fact, theres a group purchase going on right now for the wood trim from www.woodtrim.com. Theyre offering us (maxima.org) 40% off. Course that doesnt do me any good since i already bought mine :frowning:.

Ill be getting some clears soon i hope, whered you get yours?

Then i need some new floor mats, new tint, XM radio, Y-pipe, cat-back, Stillen body kit, and a 50 shot :)

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Haha wife didn't like the stick, I wonder how she'll take to the 50 shot when she accidentally presses the big red button. :laugh: Anyways I got the diamond cut clears from www.custommaxima.com for $46 shipped. The owner is a woman who frequents the org often. Great company, they shipped the items 2 hours after I ordered!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks