What's new

Toshiba 36HF73??? (1 Viewer)

Paul_Saul

Stunt Coordinator
Does anyone have any experience with the Toshiba 36HF73?

Comments/opinions will be welcome.

Thanks.

MikeHerbst

Stunt Coordinator
I'm bumping this thread back from the dead because I have the same question.

Any experience good or bad?

The 36HF73 is one of the only 36" units that will fit in the media niche built into my cookie cutter home. The Sony 36HS510 that I want is a couple of inches wider to the point that it won't really fit.

Since I'm confined into this space, my choices are a narrower 36" or a 32" TV. I've got a non-HD 32" Panasonic right now that works fine but I'd like to get a little more screen at the same time I get HD if I can.

Any other ideas? We still do a lot of 4:3 watching, and I can't get anything bigger than a "small cabinet" 34" 16:9 or 36" 4:3 into the space, so I figure my best bet is to find a 4:3 that will fill the space as much as possible.

I think the problem is the current trend of putting the speakers down the side of the screen. I don't need them (everything is watched through the HT receiver) and they're causing fitment issues. Doesn't anyone make a straight monitor with small speakers under the tube anymore?

Thanks.

Richard_B

Stunt Coordinator
I have the same issues you're having with space limitations. Samsung makes a line called the Neo Slim where the speakers are on the bottom instead of the sides. Unfortunately they only go up to 32" models.

Yusuf

Auditioning
I'm looking at the Tosh 36HF73 and wondering if anyone out there has had any experience with it. There are hardly any online reviews at the usual websites...

Paul, did you ever get it? How has it been?

Thanks.

david stark

Second Unit
I have the Toshiba 30HF83C I think it is. It's a 30" widescreen HD TV. I'm very happy with it, the HD pic quality is great. I didn't do much back to back comparisons, but when I bought it (about 8 months ago I think) there wasn't much competition. The equivalent prices sony set wasn't HD, the only other one I looked at was the Samsung and that was a 28" so in the end I went for the Toshiba.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks