What's new

Tori Amos Complete Videos on DVD? (1 Viewer)

Clint B

Second Unit
This has been rumoured for a while, but nothing is concrete yet, from what I know. For any and all Tori Amos news (and more!), go to the Dent in the Tori Amos Net Universe website, which is http://www.thedent.com

Joseph Young

Screenwriter
According to her official site there is no DVD version of "The Complete Videos" (which I own on VHS).

The amazon posting is misleading, though. It claims there is a DVD-video version of the collection, but unless there is someone on this forum who keeps a constant ear to the track and can prove me wrong, I think it's VHS-only.

I would love to see a complete collection (a la Bjork) of Tori's videos on DVD (only with less artifacting as Bjork's collections).

Cheers,

Joseph

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
The Dubble-ya-B was all set to release this what, nearly a year ago, on DVD, then it was either, scrapped, or put on hold. (some sites list it as 'pending')

Some may notice that WB did the same thing recently with the ENYA Video Collection. It, too is in limbo...

Im wondering if a petition to Warners would help get this released

Chris

Senior HTF Member
There was a complete video collection released in foreign markets, but not in the US. Now that she is probably leaving Atlantic records since her contract is up, odds are you will never see a "complete" video collection of any sort released anywhere.

ChristopherM

Stunt Coordinator
I heard an unconfirmed rumour some time ago that a Tori Amos DVD had been postponed pending "artist involvement".

Luis Esp

Supporting Actor
Tori has left Warner so any artist involvement is questionable. She has now signed on with Epic Records.

As for the dvd, I wouldn't be surprised if Warner does go ahead with it. They own the rights to her music, so that may bring a re-release of her first album "Y Kant Tori Read".

Her last album "Strange Little Girls" was to have been released in Dvd A format, but that probably has been shelved.

You would think with Tori Amos selling 1 million plus cds per title, considering how little Warner promoted the cds, they would have made a better attempt at keeping her on their label.

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
quote:
----------
Now that she is leaving Atlantic records since her contract is up, odds are you will never see a "complete" video collection of any sort released anywhere.
----------
On the other hand, companies just LOVE to milk a former artists back catalog. Maybe there will be a "best of" TORI CD, in which the VIDEO COLLECTION could figure quite prominantly in the marketing.
You know, the "as seen on TV!"-type campaign :)
Unless SONY outright buys her back catalog, which has been done before.

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
As as big Tori fan, I was pretty excited when the DVD was announced. I preordered, and ebayed off my VHS copy right away. *sigh*

I hope to see this someday.

In regards to her new contract... I hope that Sony buys up her old catalog, and that Y Kant Tori Read isn't reproduced. Its not a fair representative of her work, and putting it out now that she's starting to gain mainstream popularity will only hurt her career. Personally, I think she really needs her next album to be incredible. I consider the first three albums masterpieces (each in a different way). Choirgirl I can take or leave, Venus was okay, but the live stuff on it is what stands out, and Strange Little Girls is a good idea but doesn't really work the way it was intended.

JulianK

Supporting Actor
Don, your comment about Tori starting to gain popularity made me smile, since here in the UK she's been very successful since the early 90s!

I'm waiting for the Tori DVD too. I have a huge collection of pre-recorded VHS tapes, and the VHS version is one of the worst I have. I tried a couple of copies from different sources, but it seems that all of them were very, very soft and prone to dropouts.

Getting an updated version of this on DVD, especially if it also featured some of the alternate American versions of her videos, would be great. It may be more likely to appear here in the UK.

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
Don-I remember seeing it when it came out (is it YKTR, or YTKR?-which I always

thought was a take-off on the public service ad campaign, 'Why Johnny cant read')

and I read her displeasure at being 'forced' into being a 'sexy female singer' or whatever.

What is the music like?

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
Mark,

YKTR sounds very mid-eighties Pat Benetar esque. There are still a few good tracks on there (Cool on your island is one my favorite songs of hers), and she's even done a few of them on her last tour. But as you can tell with her first three albums, she's most definately not a Pat Benetar clone. I fear that if the album would be put out now, lots of people would grab it because it's the new Tori album, and they'd be given a horrible wrong impression. I suggest that YKTR remain OOP, even though its readily available in mp3 format (I burned a cd via Napster sometime last year), and we let Tori continue with her career.

Luis Esp

Supporting Actor
YKTR plays like an 80's Heart Album. Actually, from looking at the photos of both Tori and Heart at that time, Tori could have been the third Wilson sister.

I love "The Big Picture". I found "silver" disc bootleg of the album, along with the 4 cd set "Tori Stories" for $60 in a used cd store.

I hope Warner re-releases "Live From NY" on dvd as well.

Brad_W

Screenwriter
I've seen Tori twice in concert and enjoy her music very much. I even have the "Little Earthquakes" VHS. I would love to have some live stuff and videos on DVD. Please, someone... make it happen!

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
Brad,

It can be a little hard to find, but try to hunt down the live Tori VHS tape of her perfomance in New York. Great performance of Muhammad My Friend with Maynard from Tool.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks