Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman career after the split..

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Nick, Jan 23, 2002.

1. Nick

Nick Second Unit

It seems like Nicole's career is taking off so fast after the split with Tom cruise. Won an award. Having hits after one another (Saw the preview of her new movie "Birthday girl" it looks prettry good). While Tom's movie with his new squeeze is barely crack the $100.00 million mark.

2. Eric Walsh

Eric Walsh Stunt Coordinator

Maybe not making much money. But Vanilla Sky is one amazing movie. (in my opinion).
    Thought I would stick up for Tom. [​IMG]

3. Evan S

Evan S Cinematographer

I think Vanilla Sky might be too deep for about 75% of the audience to fathom. I think word of mouth might be too much along the lines of "I just didn't get it".

I too thought the movie was very good. I liken it to a "Fight Club" type ending. I like movies that make you think. My DVD collection is very limited (25 or so titles), but this one will make the cut when it's released.

4. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

5. Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer! Executive Producer

John Williamson
    It's really not accurate to imply that just because Tom's film isn't a box office smash, that his carreer is flagging. 'Vanilla Sky' is a very well regarded critical success, plus with 'Minority Report' I think he's doing very well.
    And Nicole, she's on fire! She thrilled me in 'The Others' and then knocked my fricken socks off with 'Moulin Rouge', and now 'School Girl', she's super nova hot right now.

6. Joel Mack

Joel Mack Cinematographer

7. MickeS

MickeS Producer

She was praised for "To die for" while she was married to Tom. She does seem to work more now though.

I'm amazed that "Vanilla Sky" is doing as well as it is, not because it's bad (it isn't), but because it's not the kind of movie I expect to do big business.

I don't think the quality or success of their projects have anything to do with their divorce though.

/Mike

8. TomF

TomF Stunt Coordinator