What's new

To "Y", or not to "Y", that is the question! (1 Viewer)

Pete Jennings

Second Unit
Just for grins I contacted Velodyne's technical support department today to get their opinion. I won't name the individual I spoke with, because I didn't ask his permission to quote him. He emphatically stated that the SPL1200's amp was *designed* to see a signal on *both* inputs, and to most definitely use a splitter if using a mono source. I did not ask about any other Velo models, so I can't answer for them (with the exception of the SPL1000, it uses the same amp as the SPL1200). I guess this explains why there is no silk-screened "mono" label next to the left line input on the amp.

Win, lose or draw I'll stick with what the manufacturer says on this. The cable was cheap enough to not be a concern.

For what it's worth, MIB2 was a worthy successor to MIB. I was disappointed with our new multiplex however. It was hot and muggy in the theater, the picture quality was *pathetic* due to flutter in the projector (reading the credits was quite a chore because they were shaking so badly), and the colors seemed washed out. My setup at home (when the 8 year old is actually QUIET enough for me to enjoy the movie), is much better. My 65" widescreen Mits KILLS the picture quality of the multiplex. I won't be going back anytime soon...

Pete

Thanks again for all of the replies guys!

Pete

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks