What's new

To the moon and back theater (1 Viewer)

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
I'm going to check into that peel-and-stick, which could nicely improve a tiki bar I've (almost) got going in my basement.

Megdagooch

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Meg Craig
A friend gave it to us. They said they got it from lumber liquidators. We have allure flooring in our laundry room. "Resilient Vinyl Flooring" is what it is called. It's similar but instead of sticking to the floor they stick to each other, so it's a floating floor. It's also thicker than the peel and stick.
ImageUploadedByHTF1430155169.348761.jpg

Megdagooch

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Meg Craig
We have cheap peel and stick squares we bought from Aldis. It's installed in our game room.We bought it when it first came out and looked super cool to me. Now they have much better quality
ImageUploadedByHTF1430155719.601056.jpg

CalvinC

Stunt Coordinator
Just wanted to say, I am so jealous! Seriously nice set up! I am one of the lurkers who enjoys reading through threads like yours, but let others make the comments. I do learn a lot this way!

Megdagooch

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Meg Craig
Thank you!
I spent 2 years lurking and "following" threads and creating many Pinterest boards.
Just ABSORBING as much as I can. I LOVE talking about what I have learned...and being a photographer I love looking at pics of nice looking rooms.
It's a great way to learn!
I get very excited when people pay attention so thank you very much for your comment!

Megdagooch

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Meg Craig
Charles Smith said:
I'm going to check into that peel-and-stick, which could nicely improve a tiki bar I've (almost) got going in my basement.
d
Do you have a tiki bar pic?

Megdagooch

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Meg Craig
K probably not as cool as many might think but it's been driving me crazy. The game armoire had this big dark space...I just installed some IKEA "dioder"s I got for $20 on eBay. Color changing ones. We have these in our kitchen and love them. Now I need a better "collection" to highlight
ImageUploadedByHTF1430236013.144893.jpg
ImageUploadedByHTF1430236025.828467.jpg

Megdagooch

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Meg Craig
I had a great idea guys!!! It involves a wine barrel. I hope it will look as nice as I imagine. Time for some concession room re-do!!! ;)

Megdagooch

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Meg Craig
Yea? Well I hope people on here share their great wine barrel (influenced???) ideas! Lol!!!!

Raul Marquez

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Raul H. Marquez, MD
Meghan,

I one went to a wine place which used upright wine barrels as tables. The neat thing they did was filling the top of the barrel with wine corks and then a piece of circular glass, larger than the barrel diameter, through which you could see the corks. Simple and it looked really good!

Raul

Megdagooch

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Meg Craig
Raul Marquez said:
Meghan,
I one went to a wine place which used upright wine barrels as tables. The neat thing they did was filling the top of the barrel with wine corks and then a piece of circular glass, larger than the barrel diameter, through which you could see the corks. Simple and it looked really good!

Raul
That is exactly what we are planning! We are waiting on a glass quote ( the other 2 were $150 quotes) and are also considering an artisanal wood top (leftovers or mis cuts from a cutting board company a friend works for).
These tables run $500 and up to purchase and we are hoping to come in under $200 when we are done.
ImageUploadedByHTF1430390092.882766.jpg

I think I'll be downsizing the candy counter and incorporating it into the rest of the kitchens base cabinets. That is a lot of room for candy that we really don't need! Wine is way more important! ;)

CalvinC

Stunt Coordinator
I have the wine barrel, just need to do something with it. I started sanding it but my sander died and overtime started at work. Hope to get back to it soon. After the sanding, I was planning on just putting a clear coat on it with a top to make a table. I was planning on doing a top from cedar also with a clear coat. Add a couple of bar stools to have a nice bistro sitting area to the side of my movie area. But that sounds cool with the glass top and the wine corks underneath, might have to rethink this! If so I'll have to sacrifice and drink more wine, oh darn! :D

Bobofbone

Second Unit
Real Name
Bob
Wine corks are biodegradable. They don't harm the environment when they go to the landfill. Think of the good you would do by using those plastic covered screw caps from wine bottles as an alternative in making your table top. They could give the table top a whole different appearance, and enrich the Boone's Farm !!

Megdagooch

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Meg Craig
Bobofbone said:
Wine corks are biodegradable. They don't harm the environment when they go to the landfill. Think of the good you would do by using those plastic covered screw caps from wine bottles as an alternative in making your table top. They could give the table top a whole different appearance, and enrich the Boone's Farm !!
I don't seem to have that kind of wine in my cellar
ImageUploadedByHTF1430432507.424183.jpg

CalvinC

Stunt Coordinator
Another project is a coffee table with a beer cap top. My son in law has made a few, looks really cool. But this is down the road. Right now I'm trying to my projector up and running this week.

Megdagooch

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Meg Craig
We have 2 breweries close to us that I'd love to use for this type project. Ommegang is a brew we keep stocked in the theater fridge at all times.
So many great ideas that I want to try!
I need to re think the bar I have next to the pool table. Maybe I can incorporate this? Or on a game table I've been thinking about

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks