What's new

To buy a Dreamcast or not? (1 Viewer)

David Lawson

Screenwriter
Real Name
David Lawson
"VGA box? What's that? Dreamcast's dead, mate."
People say "mate" in Texas? ;)
Peter, I'd also get the Dreamcast. I bought it new when they hit $50 and enjoy it immensely. My only disappointments so far are not being able to find a cheap(er) copy of Namco Museum and not being able to get Qix to work under NesterDC.

Benson R

Supporting Actor
I also disagree that piracy killed the dreamcast. You could not directly copy gd-roms and even downloading images of gdroms would be a major hassle. I know only a handful of people that downloaded games and besides broadband speed internet they had to troll usenet groups piecing files together. At least with playstation any idiot could have their system modded and then copy rented games from blockbuster.

Iain Lambert

Screenwriter
The Dreamcast is lovely - I nearly bought another spare one in HMV at the weekend, in case both mine and the one I gave to my friend's daughter give up the ghost.

And I also gave in and got Ikaruga at the weekend. Oh. My. God. Why did it take me so long to do this? Its beautiful. Beautiful, I tell you.

Mind you, without a Dreamcast I couldn't play my Crazy Taxi, Virtua Tennis, Rez, F355, Chu Chu Rocket, Tony Hawk 2, Soul Calibur, JSR, MSR etc. etc. Its a lovely machine with some great games.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I strongly recommend that anyone who misses his Intellivision try to get the "Intellivision Classics" PS1 disc. It's got 30 games, and is compatible with the analog sticks on the dual shock.

Heck, here's the list:

Armor Battle
Astrosmash
Auto Racing
Baseball
Basketball
Boxing
Checkers
Chess
Football
Frog Bog
Golf
Hockey
Hover Force
Vegas Poker & Blackjack
Night Stalker
Pinball
Sea Battle
Shark! Shark!
Skiing
Sharp Shot!
Snafu
Soccer
Space Armada
Space Battle
Space Hawk
Spiker! Super Pro Volleyball
Stadium Mud Buggies
Star Strike
Sub Hunt
Tennis

Not *every* must-have Intellivision title, but plenty enough for the $20 I paid for it!

Oh, by the way. . .you can't go wrong buying a Dreamcast.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks