What's new

Tivo/DVR Question/Recommendation (1 Viewer)

James C

Grip
I am looking for a DVR with TiVo and a burner. I have been looking at the Pioneer DVR-520H-S. Anyone have any comments on this unit or others?

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
The Pioneer DVR-520HS doesn't have TIVO; the Pioneer DVR-810HS does. As with most (all?) DVD recorders incorporating TIVO, you will not be able to make edits to your programs recorded with the TIVO feature. I have the Pio 420HS (identical to the 520 minus DV input) and really like it. Easy to make edits through Playlists and burn to DVD.

Pamela

Supporting Actor
I just love my Humax TiVo DVD recorder. It's soooo easy to use and I am pleased with the picture quality. Like Elizabeth said, with any TiVo/DVD recorder combo, you are unable to edit the programs. Best of all, I was able to snag it for $199 after a $100 rebate. Right now, Sam's Club has it for $399 minus a $100 rebate.

James C

Grip
Thanks. This is what I got from Pioneer customer support "The DVR-520H-S does have the Tivo feature integrated."

Ron Duca

Stunt Coordinator
James C,

I would call Pioneer back and question them again about this unit having "integrated TiVo". There is no mention of it on their web site. And, I just searched through the Owner's Manual, online, and "TiVo" is not mentioned at all. My bet is that this unit does not have TiVo.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks