What's new

Tips for Calibrating a Wega (1 Viewer)

David J Wang

Agent
I have a Sony 27" Wega KV-27FS12 that I have calibrated somewhat using Avia's color test, black & white test. I didn't try convergence, any of the geometry stuff, or disabling red push because I did not know how to do it using the service menu. Do I need to get a service manual from Sony to know what I'm adjusting in the service menu or is there some place online for non-XBR Wegas that has information about the service menu. Anyone have any recommended settings for this TV? Any help appreciated.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Tony Peck

Grip
David,

I have a KV32FS12 and have posted some information on WEGA service menu access and adjustments on a post titled "Sony WEGA television question." The thread was started by Lee-c and as of this post there were 35 replies to the original.

Rather than scrolling through all posts in this forum, I would recommend a search on keword "WEGA".

Hope this helps.

Tony

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
oh ya baby

also, to fix the 16:9 oversqueeze problem, pop in avia, go to the widescreen grid w/ the big circle and hatch pattern, and adjust the "asp" setting in the service menu until the circle is as tall as it is wide.

one more item....make sure you exit out of 16:9 enhanced mode before you save your settings or your TV will turn on w/ 16:9 enhanced every time.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SJeans123
Recent bookmarks