What's new

Tin Star - Amazon (1 Viewer)

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
Was searching around for something to binge watch and came across this on Amazon.

It has Tim Roth as the main character so I thought why not? I'm on episode 8 of season 1.

It feels a little like Banshee but where Banshee had a consistent story line, Tin Star is kind of messy. The lead character is an alcoholic so I think they are trying to portray the messiness with the disjointed story telling but it's not working for me. It has a lot of violence but the violence in Banshee was done with such camp and was much better done. This series just feels sad with no one really to root for.

Makes me really miss Banshee.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I've been wanting to check this one out. Is it at least more realistic than Banshee? Banshee always had kind of a comic book feel to it (which is fine if that's what they were going for).

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
I liked the comic book feel of Banshee. Hmm, realistic? If you can buy Tim Roth as an a**kicker, maybe.

Although it's not my favorite, I do find myself clicking next episode to find out what happened.

So if you've run out of things to watch and are waiting for the next GOT episode, I would recommend. It's not terrible and they did make a season 2 so enough people must be watching.

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
We finished season 1 last night. Whew! ITs definitely one of those series where my wife and I look at each other and wonder why are we watching this? It is pretty dark and I guess I would agree a little disjointed but so far compelling.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks