1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Tin Star - Amazon

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by MarkMel, Apr 17, 2019.

Tags:
  1. MarkMel

MarkMel Screenwriter

Was searching around for something to binge watch and came across this on Amazon.

It has Tim Roth as the main character so I thought why not? I'm on episode 8 of season 1.

It feels a little like Banshee but where Banshee had a consistent story line, Tin Star is kind of messy. The lead character is an alcoholic so I think they are trying to portray the messiness with the disjointed story telling but it's not working for me. It has a lot of violence but the violence in Banshee was done with such camp and was much better done. This series just feels sad with no one really to root for.

Makes me really miss Banshee.

2. ScottH

ScottH Producer

Scott Hanson
    I've been wanting to check this one out. Is it at least more realistic than Banshee? Banshee always had kind of a comic book feel to it (which is fine if that's what they were going for).

3. MarkMel

MarkMel Screenwriter

I liked the comic book feel of Banshee. Hmm, realistic? If you can buy Tim Roth as an a**kicker, maybe.

Although it's not my favorite, I do find myself clicking next episode to find out what happened.

So if you've run out of things to watch and are waiting for the next GOT episode, I would recommend. It's not terrible and they did make a season 2 so enough people must be watching.