What's new

Pre-Order The Tin Star (1957) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
81yglK7x-+L._SL1500_.jpg

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

JSLasher

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Steven Lasher
The first film in which Michel Rey, who played Faraj in “Lawrence of Arabia, appeared. He gave up acting to become an investment banker. A very wealthy man today.

Carl David

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Carl
This is a big surprise to me.

Was planning on getting the DVD this year as I thought this was never going to get a HD release.

It's a nice change to not buy a DVD and then see the HD release the following week.

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
This is great news! Another Mann film finally coming to blu-ray, long overdue.
My preorder is on the way!

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
The first film in which Michel Rey, who played Faraj in “Lawrence of Arabia, appeared. He gave up acting to become an investment banker. A very wealthy man today.
The Brave One is earlier (1956). His first film was 1954's The Divided Heart.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
And a true rarity as it is a black and white western shot in VistaVision.
Fantastic - and unexpected - news!
View attachment 211133
Yup, it’s among my 100 all-time favorite westerns. The iTunes HD digital that appeared on that service about two years ago appears to be derived from a 4K scan. It looks pristine and beautiful similarly to “Last Train from Gun Hill” which is another VistaVision western but in color.

OliverK

Senior HTF Member
Yup, it’s among my 100 all-time favorite westerns. The iTunes HD digital that appeared on that service about two years ago appears to be derived from a 4K scan. It looks pristine and beautiful similarly to “Last Train from Gun Hill” which is another VistaVision western but in color.

Paramount is doing a great job with their VistaVision westerns and it seems that previous disc releases have sold well enough that they now release The Tin Star.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
This is a big surprise to me.

Was planning on getting the DVD this year as I thought this was never going to get a HD release.

It's a nice change to not buy a DVD and then see the HD release the following week.
This film has been available in HD from various streaming services for a couple of years now, and it looks wonderful. I'm sure the Blu will offer a slight improvement, and I'm looking forward to picking it up on disc.

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
Disappointing there is no 4k disc.

Agreed. I've never seen the film but I am into Westerns and this one is highly regarded by many. As much as I want to add it to my collection I think I'll wait for a potential 4K edition down the road. I've been burned by so many double dips that I've learned to be a little more patient these days. Of course, this may never see an upgrade in this climate of declining physical media so that's a risk. Maybe I'll just wait for a sale so the bite won't sting as much when I do upgrade (if ever).

I guess this is the new Arrow. The label started out releasing cult films and exploitation and now they mostly handle the major studios' A and B movies. Not necessarily a bad thing since Arrow does a phenomenal job overall but I do miss my Microwave Massacres and Last Houses On the Left. Vinegar Syndrome is on the same path.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks