What's new

Time Warner DVR Box (1 Viewer)

JerryDreck

Auditioning
I have a new Panasonic TH42pd25. After the initial hook-up I've found a problem with the TW DVR box supplying the HD signal. I had my Panasonic DVD-R connected before the HD box connected through my DVD-R then to the TV. I was able to burn DVD's using this set-up. Now, I was instructed to go directly to the TV using composit connection from the cable box. With this arrangement, I can no longer burn a cable signal. Do I lose quality signal, if I go from the HD cable box to the DVD-R and then to the TV? Is this something to do with copy protection? I do have a Panasonic 5.1 receiver, but didn't want to put my video signal through it.
Please help. I don't want to lose DVD burning capabilities.

Dean_S

Second Unit
If you have an HD box I'm pretty sure you were instructed to use the component connections and not the composite connections since composite doesn't pass HD. I'd guess that if your DVD-R has component inputs then maybe the problem is the bandwidth on the input (should over 30mhz but 50-100mhz rating is preferred. Check the specs of the input on DVD-R with the manufacturer.

Jim Zanbehr

Agent
I have a TW DVR cable box by Scientific (not HD) which is about 75 percent full with some programs I want to keep, but want to free up space on the TW DVR. Is there a quick, simple and inexpensive way to copy them off the TW DVR? These are shows that are not available on commercial DVDs or I wouldn't have minded buying them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks