What's new

Time to celebrate-New Simpsons Tonight! (1 Viewer)

cwhite

Second Unit
Don't forget, folks! Simpsons start their new season with the annual Treehouse of Horror episode! Let's hope for a much funnier season then the previous 2.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Yeah fingers crossed. The commercials make it out to be a copy cat of the Norm MacDonald death episode of Family Guy, though. It's never a good sign when something copies from the works that it once inspired.

Still, I'm glad the Treehouse of Horror episode seems to actually be about Halloween this year. The last couple haven't had anything to do with the Halloween archtypes.

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
I set my DVR, so I just hope that the football game doesn't run over and screws up the recording.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
A bit of a downer overall (not nearly as funny as the previous seasons) but still better than most crap on TV.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Could have been better, could have been worse. I got a good laugh when Homer as death killed the bum in Ms. Hoover's class and you could hear all the kids shouting YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYY! Sadly, it did seem to borrow a bit much from the "Family Guy" Episode where Peter takes over for death, what makes it even worse, is that the Simpsons have taken some not too friendly Jabs at "Family Guy" You can hear Al Jean repeatedly reference Family Guy in S3 Commentaries and it seems that between the lines, he does not care for the show very much

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
The 1st was the best with the 2nd coming in at 3rd and the 3rd being the 2nd best (I sound like a Tarantino flick). Even though the 1st was a blatant ripoff of the Family Guy death episode, I still got a lot of kicks out of it.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
I thought the third segment was the best, but overall, the best Halloween episode for several years. Certainly better than those dolphins. And as the past few Simpsons seasons have all gotten better as they went along, this is a very good sign.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
the best Halloween episode for several years
I think I liked the last two better. I liked the "House of Wacks" from 2 seasons back. I remember cracking up at the one last year where Billy The Kid comes back to life and made Homer play the "Piani"

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
"Does that mean they won't cancel the Jim Belushi show? No!"

Heh

Tony Blair will voice a character in an ep this season. Cool.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I liked Kang & Kodos complaining about a Halloween episode airing in November near the beginning. Art imitating life. :)

Anthony Hom

Supporting Actor
Another art imitating life is when Lisa pushed the red button on the stopwatch, and they all turned into TV guide covers! That had me, knowing how TV guide made these "special collectors covers" to boost sales.

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
Having Jerry Lewis doing the voice of Frink's father was great. The Nobel Prize ceremony was kind of funny, although it was similar to South Park's version of it. All in all I enjoyed the episode, I liked the opening with everybody fighting and killing each other, good stuff.

Marc_Savoie

Stunt Coordinator
That's exactly what happened to me! ARRRGGGHH...
Happened to me too (though on my VCR). Very maddenning, but it's my own fault for not remembering that FOX was showing a game in the 4:00 time slot in my area and would likely run late. From now on if I'm not home, I'll just tape the local Canadian network's port of the broadcast which always airs on time.

Missed most of Arrested Development as well. Damn. It'd be nice if they re-air these two shows, but I doubt it.

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
A bit hit and miss for me....the premiere of King of the Hill with Brad Pitt as Boomhauer's brother was good though.

I missed Arrested Development. Oh well, everyone says it is great, and it is on Fox, so it shoould be getting cancelled right about.....now.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
"It's Patti, chump!"

That one rivals, "Help me Jeebus!" I was convulsed with laughter when I heard it. Hell, I almost get convulsed with laughter just thinking about it.

Jeff Pug

Stunt Coordinator
Comic book guy with a lightsaber made me stop the tape and rewind to make sure I saw what I thought I saw. Funniest moment ever

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks