Stay Tuned - Book and DVD (and CD!) set about TV's Unforgettable Moments

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by David Lambert, Oct 17, 2002.

1. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

Here is something I thought all TV-on-DVD lovers could appreciate. I found it at Borders the other night, and paid too much for it...I should have waited before tearing the strip on the envelope that holds the discs, because I found that Amazon sells it for 30% off! [​IMG]
    Anyway, it's very cool so I'm sharing...
    [c][​IMG][/c]

2. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

There is a negative item to mention about this DVD. Something that will bitterly disappoint many of you, though I just ignore it myself, at least for this item.
    During the DVD playback, there is a "Bug" in the lower righthand corner of the "Stay Tuned" logo; the words STAY TUNED inside of a tube-shaped outline. It's not semi-transparent, either. You really can't miss it. Especially since it's not stable; it comes and goes at times.
    However, I don't feel like it interferes with the purpose of the disc, so take it as you will.
    I should also mention the "running time" of the DVD. I haven't timed it out precisely, but on my copy there is a flat oval sticker that says: "DVD Contains Over 150 Minutes of Interviews and TV Broadcasts".

3. Jesse Skeen

Jesse Skeen Producer

I was all set to buy it til the "bug" thing! Oh well.
    "Bugs" are THE reason why I now watch NO TV at all anymore.

4. David Von Pein

David Von Pein Producer

On a similar note.........
    Has anybody purchased this interesting-looking set of 3 DVDs? ("Cronkite Remembers...") ........
    [​IMG]
    If anybody has this set, I'd like to hear a review (quality and content-wise.)
    I've searched, and found only three places on-line that carry this item. But, luckily, one is Deep Discount DVD, where it's a mere $21.
    This lesser-known site also lists it. And, incredibly, they want $5.00 MORE for the VHS set (which offers 45 minutes LESS of programming!). Very curious indeed.
    Amazon also has it listed (availability sketchy there).
    I couldn't even find this DVD listed within the DVD Profiler database (and they've got just about everything under the sun listed on there). It's also not on DVD Price Search.com.
    I have this VHS video from 1997. But the 7+ hour DVD set is obviously vastly expanded upon the 95-minute VHS.
    Thanks for any additional info.