What's new

Time After Time-Is this actually for sale?? (1 Viewer)

Ed Faver

Second Unit
I've been attempting to buy a copy of Time After Time here in central NJ without luck. Best Buy, CC and The Wiz all tell me they have not received it. Suncoast told me they sold out on Day One and don't know when they're getting more. Anyone else having problems getting a copy of this DVD?

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
Mine arrived from Amazon.com yesterday, two days after the street date.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
I got mine at Border's which had the best price for some reason at $14.99, plus a 10% off coupon you can print out from the web. Don't have the address but go to David's weekly roundup where there is a link.

Mike_G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
Ed,
Hi! Long time no see. Try CD World on Rt. 22. That's where I got mine.

Mike

Jodee

Screenwriter
Pre-ordering is your friend, people.

I get all my catalog titles on time, cheap, and delivered to my door courtesy of DVD Empire.

Joel Vardy

Supporting Actor
As mentioned by George, Borders has the best price if you factor in the 10% coupon available online. $13.50, which bests all the online sources, I believe.

Unfortunately, when I arrived at Borders near my home @11am on Tuesday their one copy was already gone so they have one on order for me still honoring the price and coupon deal.

Joel

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I get all my catalog titles on time, cheap, and delivered to my door courtesy of DVD Empire.
Gotta agree with you about DVD Empire. They have great service. My only problem with them is the fact that their distribution center is in the same state I reside in, so I'm charged sales tax. This is a curse AND a blessing, as my orders consistently arrive the day before street date and I *know* I'm going to get them. To me the few extra dollars I might save at a B&M isn't worth the time and aggravation of driving around to 3 different stores only to be disappointed. It sure was nice watching "Time After Time" this past Monday night. :D

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
I've been having some problems with B&M Best Buys lately on titles that are not so called Top 40. I've asked the blue shirts about those titles & have told that they are not available in ANY B&M Best Buy, & that I should check the WEB site. Apparently according to one blue shirts Best Buy B&Ms is going to quit carrying a REAL deep inventory of less than well known titles.

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
So much for my semi-regular visits to Best Buy! :angry: Anyway, I can't stand seeing all of those $14k TVs and not being able to take one home!

Ed Faver

Second Unit
Well, I printed the Borders coupon & gave it a try but they were sold out, too. CD World on 22 had mucho copies, so I am a happy camper. Now, after all this hunting, what did we watch tonight, for the 3rd time since Tuesday? FOTR!!

Gary Miller

Stunt Coordinator
I felt like Indiana Jones finding the Holy Grail...I tried about 7 stores before paying the full retail price at Sam Goodys...Bargains, shmargains...was this released as a black market title? I wasn't going to waste another minute trying to save a few dollars.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
While I sure wasn't expecting to see it in the Sunday circulars, I was very disappointed on Tuesday, when I got to Best Buy to find out their one and only copy had already sold!

I finally found it at FYE in the Drama section!

Ric

Jodee

Screenwriter
While I sure wasn't expecting to see it in the Sunday circulars, I was very disappointed on Tuesday, when I got to Best Buy to find out their one and only copy had already sold!
Best Buy usually receives multiple copies of catalog titles on street date ONLY IF it will be advertised in the Sunday circular.

If not, you'll usually only find very few copies (or sometimes none until a week or two after street date.)

It seems like there is a thread like this every week for some high profile catalog title that is MIA at B&M retail. As I posted above, pre-ordering is your friend when it comes to catalog titles. It is cheaper (since B&M's rarely advertise/sale price catalog titles) and you're guaranteed a copy without driving around.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks