What's new

Tiber Matching Energy Speakers (1 Viewer)

RussellC

Stunt Coordinator
I have the Energy Take 5.2 speaker system with an SVS sub. I just got the Pioneer VSX-45TX reciever (7.1) and now I am going to get two rear surrounds for my setup. I was at first considering getting two more Take 2.2 speakers. Now I am thinking about getting 2 Energy C-1's for mains and a C-C1 center and moving my Take 2.2's to the rear. Will the Take 2.2 timber match my new Connoisseur speakers? Will it sound alright? Any opinions? Thanks for the help.

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
I like to know myself. I am using the Energy C-1s for my L/R speakers and just can't imagine that huge center channel speaker from the Connoisseur series on top on my 27" Panasonic TV.

Robert_Z

Screenwriter
I mated the old C series with the new C series, and the sound matches perfectly. The Take 5.2 will probably not be as close, but since it is still Energy, it should not be off to far. Probably the e:XL series would sound better with the 5.2.

RussellC

Stunt Coordinator
So with all the fronts as connoisseurs and the rears as take's...it willl sound OK? I thought they basically had the same 1" aluminum tweeter.

MikePeroni

Stunt Coordinator
I started with the Take 5.2 and just added the C5s for my fronts. This set up rocks for 2 channel now and for HT it sounds great too.

I find there to be no problem timbre-wise at all. 5 channel stereo sounds better too because the C5s fill in that mid-bass that was a little thin before.

The C5s also play much,much louder on the same volume position as the Takes did...Anyway, I might upgrade the center to the Connissuer center, but thats a long way off. I say definitely go for it, and yes the tweeters are very similiar(aluminum dome)...

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
Mike,

Thanks for the advice. Several weeks ago, I checked Energy's website and noticed most of their center channel speakers cross over at 2.2kHz, which is where my C-1 crosses over as well. However, the Connissuer series center channel speaker crosses over at another frequency point, which is why I was wondering about other Energy center channel speakers (besides the size issue stated above).

RussellC

Stunt Coordinator
I just went and listened to these speaker at my local Energy dealer and they sound very nice. But the C-C1 center is HUGE. I'm gonna have to make some kind of shelve or something so my RPTV wont cave in from it :)

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
Russell,

If you think that C-C1 will cave in your RPTV, imagine that on my 27" tube Panasonic. Energy need to come up with a smaller center channel for the Connissuer series.

Robert_Z

Screenwriter
If you think that C-C1 will cave in your RPTV, imagine that on my 27" tube Panasonic. Energy need to come up with a smaller center channel for the Connissuer series.
They are actually going to release the even bigger C-C3 here in the next few months I believe. If you are interested in a smaller Energy center, I recommend the AC-300. Mates perfectly with my C5s and since the AC-300 is older, you can probably find a used one at a great price.

RussellC

Stunt Coordinator
Nahhh thanks for the input, but I think I will get the C-C1 (cause it sounds awesome) and make something to put it on to distribute the weight better on top of my RPTV.

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Robert!

I may just try one of the smaller Energy center channel speakers first, like the one in the new XL series. My room is quite small.....small enough that I am still considering whether stuffing 5.1 speakers in there is a good idea or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks