What's new

Three's Company - Season 1 release info (1 Viewer)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Since it's Sunday, I can reveal this now:

[rant]$12.99 at Best Buy![/rant]

$14.99 at Circuit City, and not advertised at Target or K-Mart, and not listed online at Costco.

Wal-Mart is VERY likely to beat Best Buy's price, with a price of $12.35 or lower IF there is a BB nearby to the Wal-Mart...that's where I'm gonna buy my copy. Don't forget that Wal-Mart sets prices at individual stores, so there is not a way I can say here what price you'll find at YOUR local Wal-Mart location. "Your Milage May Vary".

Chuck L

Screenwriter
In our town, there is nothing close to anything immating a real store near our Wal-Mart, but, though it takes at least four people to usually figure out how to do it, they have never refused to price as long as we have had the ad in hand for proof...

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Gee, i wonder what dvd will be the quote of the week in the roundup ?;) Anyway im hoping the quote of the week is, thats a lovely mole you have on your thigh, but i doubt it. :D Maybe itll be tinkerbell !:D

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Last night after watching the 8 simple rules rerun of the first episode without John, i have to say after taking a better look at that wedding picture at the end,it doesnt look like its really Amy and John.They look like pictures of someone else.Anyway that has still got to be in my opinion , the most powerful hour of tv ever.A great heartwarming episode.

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
What's taking so long to announce Season 2?!!!

:laugh:

Sorry, I couldn't resist. Seriously, a question for David Lambert. Two episodes of The Ropers have always been included in the TC syndication package - 1)the episode when Stanley and Helen move into their new house, and 2)the episode when Janet and Chrissy give Stanley disco lessons. Has there been any word on whether these will be included in the Season 3 set, perhaps as bonus features, with the original titles restored?

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Rob, I don't think Anchor Bay themselves have figured out yet how they will handle this. Consumer input would be great for them at this point, I imagine.

My suggestion for AB would be to release The Ropers as "the entire series" (28 half-hour episodes should easily fit on 3 discs), and to design the cover with the Three's Company logo prominently seen along with the logo and cast shot of The Ropers. It will remind 3C fans that "this goes along with that" and give them an opportunity to buy it. Explain on the cover (front or back) that the 3C cast appears (in #7 to be specific...and Larry shows up in #6 if you want to be complete).

Release timeframe for this would best be halfway between the S3 and S4 releases of 3C. Why? Because it was the 20th episode of S3 that showed that the Ropers would be spinning off, and then 3C took a 2-month break before airing the last 2 eps of their S3...so that the 6 eps of Ropers S1 could in theory draw more attention.

That's my suggestion, anyway. Any other thoughts? Logic seems to say that The Ropers can't possibly sell as well as 3C is going to...but then again, cult TV DVD sales often defy logic! ;)

Tony, I hope you liked the quote I chose...it didn't make sense to be TOO obscure with this one. :)

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
You know i had to probably be 1 of the few 10 year olds at the time 3s a crowd aired originally, that watched it .:D Id pick up the dvds for that in a second if they were released .Also id bet the series would have played a few years more if Jack got married to Chrissy.:D But i think that even in 84, Abc still had bad blood with her.Im not sure id buy a ropers dvd collection though, as i thought the series was only mildly amusing.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Well, i just spent a nice afternoon watching it, and out of all the episodes it was a treat to see the pilot after so many years, somehow i always missed that 1 during nick at nite reruns.Also the picture quality looks slightly better than those on nick at nite.:D :emoji_thumbsup: As far as the audio goes it sounded more like 2.0 stereo than 1.0 mono.Also love that main menu .:D :emoji_thumbsup:

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
I put this on order today, will get it tomorrow or Thursday. I don't know if I would buy the 2 spin offs, having never seen either 1 that I can recall.

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
I really like this disc. Inexpensive, good PQ/AQ on the episodes, pretty menus. Only thing I'd like to have seen is at least one chapter stop per episode -- right after the theme song.

I'm excited for this "Special Edition" season 2 set that will pay tribute to Mr. Ritter.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Dane, believe it or not i didnt even mind the no chapter stop thing. I enjoyed watching the opening intro complete with theme song all 6 times.:)

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Also, forgot to mention, over at dvd talk.com is what i believe to be the first online review for the dvd.If you cant find it, just type in threes company at the search engine.The 1 part in the guys review that had me cracking up, was when he says that he hopes season 2 has alot of extras, or there will be a pack of angry 3s company fans, and the last thing we need is a pack of angry 3s company fans, unquote.:D Hilarious stuff.This dvd will more than hold me over till the season 2 arrives.:emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks