What's new

Three New U.S. Air Force Uniforms (1 Viewer)

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
I was expecting golf pants and a beret. That's not much better. Edit: I had the same thought as Aaron. Except the Semper Fi.

Q: Why does a Marine have one more IQ point than a horse?
A: So it won't s**t on the parade field :D

Just kidding. I love the Marine Corps.

PeterTHX

Senior HTF Member

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed"

Hey, if you're going to quote the holy trilogy do it correctly! :D

As a USAF veteran, I can't say that any of the prototypes do much for me. I always did like the female airmen (male or female, non-officer, you're an airman) skirt & shirt combo.

Hilarious photoshop! :)

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member

My thoughts exactly. The armed forces are always trying new ad campaigns and other gimmicks to attract recruits. If a chane in UNiform gets more people to sign-up, more power to them.

J

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
These uniforms don't begin to look as sharp as Marine Dress Blues. I was in a wedding recently with a guy in Dress Blues. I was wearing a friggin' tuxedo and he made me look like a schlub.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
I'm a Navy guy (well, was), and yes, the Marines got one thing absolutely right (well, they actually got a few...but this is the kicker). They have the best military uniforms ever. Across all branches. And all countries. And all time (the Spartans were pretty sharp in their day).

And I mean ALL of their uniforms, not just the dress ones.

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

First thing I thought. They look like Luftwaffe uniforms crica 1941. Make them grey, give them blousened pants and a pair of jackboots and you have Col. Klink (or a Massachusetts State Trooper).

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

My dad, a Navy man who fought the Korean war from a bar in Norfolk, VA (mostly fighting Marines) said the same thing. He also said they looked even better with blood on them. :D I'm glad he passed away before his first grandson joined the Corps. He would have been proud of him, but he would not have liked it one bit.

Michael Warner

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
Back in my NROTC days I was in the wedding party at Annapolis for the marriage of my sister to a Marine Corps officer. All the other men in the party were Marines in dress blues complete with swords. I was the dork in Navy dress blues with one measley ribbon on my chest. Now if they had let me wear dress whites I would have looked sharp!

Marine Corps uniforms look good and are consistent across all ranks which makes sense to me.

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
Its the AIR force, I say they just do what they've always secretly desired to do: White jumpsuits with a big silver lightning-bolt down the center of the chest and a gold belt with a buckle that resembles the bumpertip from a '57 Chevy. And knee-high boots. Rank will be identified by cape color.

Jay Taylor

Supporting Actor
One thing the Air Force could adopt from Darth Vader’s suit is the ipod attached to the waist belt.

The “Destroy the Universe” buttons next to it would be a nice touch too. :D

ChristopherDAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
AE5VI
Honestly, tongue-in-cheek or not, the idea has some merit. I mean, "blue Army uniforms" just don't say "Air Force" to me. Why shouldn't their uniforms have something to do with flying?

PeterTHX

Senior HTF Member

Well, what does white have to do with sailing? (oceans are blue)
These are DRESS UNIFORMS. The fatigues look like the other services'.

Besides, the majority of Air Force personnel are ground based.

ChristopherDAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
AE5VI
Navy whites are white for the same reason that Zeppelin Company whites were white : to avoid getting too hot in summer and/or in tropical climates. It's an obvious concession to practicality. In high latitudes and in winter they wear dark "Navy" blue.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks