What's new

Thought on Jbl Studio series and where 2 get some.... (1 Viewer)

scott>c

Second Unit
Hi I currently have the n series for my second system. Was wondering what people had 2 say on the studio series. I just ordered the s312`s. I`d like some feedback on the line and if anyone knows where 2 find some used. I think the n center sounds very boxy and hope the s is better. Feedback please.....

scott>c

Second Unit
I received the s312`s yesterday. So far I love em, they have good imaging and alotta bass. These puppies are also huge and weigh 70lbs a piece. Unfortunately my wife hates em and say they gotta go.... :angry: I`ll keep u posted on this one.... Anyone else Have these shortcomings on marital bliss because of u`r passion for home theater????

DorianBryant

Screenwriter
Scott,

I wish i could use the S312's. I do have the S38II"s for my mains. As long as they are on stands, they are fantastic. I got them brand new for just over $200 but then had great difficulty finding the Scenter at the time. This was 6 months ago and the S center wa sselling for $300 at times on E-Bay. I picked up the EC35 center for $140 and it matches quite well with the S38's. I cannot tell a difference in sound even though it uses a 3/4 titanium laminate tweet and 3" mid as oppsed to the full titanium 1" tweet and 4" mid of the S38's.

By the way. I just spent about 25 hours on a DIY shiva sub. An 85l ported sub with a 3/4" inner box of mdf and then an outer box made of 3/4 tongue and groove pine. The box is trimmed, stained, and weighs nearly 90 pounds-wife says it is too big. We are working on that one!

CarterT

Grip
Tough luck Scott>c re: wife not liking the 312's. I have SCenters for Center/CB, the S26's for SL/SR, and alternate between the S38's and S312's for fronts (using the 38's for HT and the 312's for music). I like the 38's for HT but it is no contest with the 312's for music. The 38's are just not as clear or full sounding to me. I am using an SVS PB10 sub as well. Great combination for my ears. Hope you can keep the 312's. Keep checking HarmanAudio, Vann's or even eBay, you might get lucky.

I gave my N series speakers to my son when I got the the S series. He's happy and I'm happy. Big difference between Ncenter and Scenter though. If you can't find S series, many folks are liking the E series.

DorianBryant

Screenwriter
I really found the EC35 to be a huge upgrade over the N center. However, I have seen the prices on the S center come down and wonder how the EC35 and S center compare.

The S38 are great for HT, but I agree that they do not fill up a room as a floor stander is able to do for music.

MikeyWeitz

Supporting Actor
I brought home the E35 yesterday, waiting on my E80's. Told the wife it was going to be a big speaker.
Hooked it up while she was in shower, went in and told her, don't get mad, but this is HUGE (compared to the dual 3" HK 7" wide cube it replaced).
She was like oh, I thought it was going to be bigger.

Then I tolder her how big the mains were going to be, she said, Oh, when you said big, I thought you meant like almost up to the ceiling, I said, DAMN, should have ordered the E90's :)

Really like the E35 so far.

scott>c

Second Unit
So far so good on the 312`s in the room. I`m still trying 2 swindle up a deal to keep these babies. Thanx for the comments guys. Carter u are absolutely correct on how good these sound in stereo. Nice full sound all the way through the spectrum. They definately were a hit last nite for new years. I haven`t tried them yet for home theater yet though. They should do well now because I have the receiver on large. I`m saving up 2 get another svs sub. I might try the pb-10. I have in my main system a 20-39pci 2 go along with my axioms. I think the sub might create another battle so I may stick with just 312`s for awhile :frowning: I wish u luck on u`r sub battle Dorian and keep me in mind if u lose.....:b

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks