Thorens TD 320 MK2

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by NickScott, Jan 26, 2004.

1. NickScott

NickScott Stunt Coordinator

Hello, I am getting this turntable and I would like to know if anyone else out there has one. I have tried to find info on the net about it but I am having no luck.
    I just want to know what other ppl think of this turntable, and if they have had any problems.
    Thanks.

2. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Thorens is one of the oldest, most respected manufacturers of audiophile-level turntables. It's still the same company it was during the heyday of early high-end audio.

3. Chu Gai

Chu Gai Lead Actor

Haven't seen one in years but I remember it. As I recall, the old 125 with a better mat knocked the socks off the Linns. What are you paying?

4. NickScott

I am getting it for practically free. I am doing free work for a free turntable. Its in great shape, I will put a new belt on it, and it has a Grace (green) cartridge (I couldnt find any techy details on it).

5. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Chu, I had a TD-125 Mk II, to which I first mated an SME 3009S tonearm. Then an Infinity Black Widow. Never felt the desire for a Linn-Sondek LP12.

6. Chu Gai

Chu Gai Lead Actor

Jack, did you know that Ivor has his father to thank for the Linn? Although the single point bearing was nothing new, it turns out his father owned a machine shop that produced parts for aircraft. The use of good bearing materials and the platter were his father's work. I hope Ivor took good care of his old man.

7. RobertR

RobertR Lead Actor

Impressive, Jack! I used to own a Thorens TD160C myself. The best turntable I ever owned.

8. NickScott

I just got the turntable the other day and I love it. But its time to do some mods to it. Does anybody know of any REAL good thorens mods sites out there? I have checked and they all seem to be for the TD160 model and stuff. Just wondering. Thanks.