What's new

This Can't Be True! Reeves in The Day The Earth Stood Still Remake! (1 Viewer)

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
...mmm....mmm....yeah I can see that....

Klaatu is shot, falls down to to one knee in pain, looks up holding bloody shoulder and says: "whoa".

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Yep, "Tinman," a 3-part mini-series, is on Sci-Fi the first weekend in December. :D

Dude...Klaatu barada Excellent! ;)

troy evans

Screenwriter
The problem as I see it isn't the director, actor or writer it's this overshadow/disposable film feeling I get when this crap happens. Remakes of movies always leave a sour taste in my mouth, even more so with the great films. Sometimes remakes overshadow the original i.e. Steven Speilberg's "War of the Worlds". Some times the're disposable i.e. Rob Zombie's "Halloween". Some films do not need a remake. I would go as far to say all of them don't, but, I'm sure some would disagree. I can't tell you how many times I've had conversations about movies and people think I'm talking about the remake instead of the original. Most recently, I was having a discussion with a friend of mine about "Planet of the Apes". He thought it was overdone and silly. I was shocked. Then I found he was referring to the remake. I said, "Haven't you ever seen the original?" He said,"No, and I don't want to now." That's not a good thing and many people are left with that feeling I'm sure. Films should stand the test of time on thier own merrits rather than being remade into star vehicles for actors. I say make sequels. If that's not realistic and possible then don't do anything and leave them the hell alone.

Joey Gunz

Second Unit
I'm not sure where all the hate for Keanu comes from. I actually think he's ok. I enjoyed his roles in "The Matrix" trilogy, "Constantine", "The Replacements", "Devil's Advocate", etc, etc.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.

?
neither of those movies was a remake of the previous.

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
Actually the remake of The Maltese Falcon is the one we all love. The same is true of the Judy Garland Wizard of Oz. We just forgot about the first versions.

Ray_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
R. Ray Rogers II
I just bought the original today! Forgot they were being lazy arses and doing a remake...:P
Um, it might look interesting?

DavidPla

Senior HTF Member

Something that I think that might work very powerfully if done right in this remake is the shutting down of ALL our technology.. could make for a very powerful scene. I mean.. remember in the 1950s it being shut down but compare that today where most EVERYTHING is done with technology.

Ray_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
R. Ray Rogers II
Then there'd be the mass hysteria of "OH MY ZOMBIE RAPTOR JEEBUS! WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!":eek: And then I'd say, "Oh look! A three-headed monkey!" and run off like a ninny.:crazy:
Could be great if the makers of the remake make heavy nods to the original in the promotional stuff they're doing. Perhaps the film will be over 2 hours and 20 minutes. This could be an epic high sci-fi film if the filmmakers know what they're doing.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
All those books, graphic novels, and original screenplays out there and all they can do is remake after remake. Why do this film? The original is good enough. Who needs an updated version? This just has BOMB written all over it with the attention deficit disordered audiences of today.

Bloody hell, make some actual films with stories we haven't seen before, instead of this constant recycling. We would no longer need landfills if we recycled garbage like Hollywood recycles their film scripts.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks