What's new

this *can't* be good. (1 Viewer)

Michael*K

Screenwriter
My Labs both went through the large Nylabone "Hercules" bones in less than 15 minutes. Next thing I know, I had little bits of green plastic mixed with puke all over my area rug. Get the Nylabone "Galileo" bones. They're much, much harder. I got one for each of the dogs and they have lasted over a year.

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
I got her another nylabone tonight, I think it's the galileo, how can you tell? this one is solid as a rock (and cost me 7 bucks!) she hasn't been too interested in it though. I've been playing with her all day though, maybe she's tired.

Michael*K

Screenwriter
Here's the Galileo. Man, if you got one for $7, that's a bargain. The ones I got ("wolf" sized) were close to $20 each. Still, not a bad investment considering how long they've lasted.

Julian Reville

Screenwriter
A lot of things don't show up well on radiographs, including wood, plastic, nylon, cotton. They do show up well on CAT scans, but that's a whole new level of expense.

Undiagnosed, a lot of objects can cause damage, obstruction, perforation, peritonitis, and death. Some dogs pass stuff like this all the time. Others seem to obstruct very easily.

Usually, 4-5 days of non stop puking is enough to convince most owners that Fluffy is sick. (Oh, cats obstruct sometimes too; they especially like linear foreign bodies, like string or tinsel. Do NOT pull on the string hanging out of Fluffy's butt!)

Andrew W

Supporting Actor
A lot of things don't show up well on radiographs, including wood, plastic, nylon, cotton. They do show up well on CAT scans, but that's a whole new level of expense.
Yes, but we're talking about dogs here. So you'd have to use a DOG scan.

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
Do NOT pull on the string hanging out of Fluffy's butt!
My friend has this problem with his cat quite frequently. The problem is when the string starts coming out, the cat starts scratching his butt on the carpet, which is apparently quite messy. Do you have any recommendations I could pass on to them about handling this behavior?

Michael*K

Screenwriter
My neighbor's cat ate the string netting used to hold a roast together. Needless to say, he had to go under the knife to get the thing removed.

Seth--L

Screenwriter

My dog has been chewing, rather eating these things for years. Assuming the dog is not eating large chunks, it is safe for them to digest. Stay away from the more flexible rubbery ones. My dog would go through them in minutes, and normally puke large chunks of it up a few hours later.

I highly recommend Kong dog toys:

They are extremely tough, and be used in a variety of ways.

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
I saw those, are they flavored? I'm afraid I'll get something rubbery and she won't like it, not that she's shown the most discriminating tastes :D

Michael*K

Screenwriter
Most of the Kong toys are hollowed out and have a small hole at the bottom. You can jam a few edible dog treats in there and watch them go to town trying to get it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks