What's new

Thinking of selling my 525 (1 Viewer)

Jason Brent

Second Unit
OK, I posted a little while back about the 3805, but I think that is out of my price range.

First question....how much is my used HK 525 worth? All original boxes, remotes, manuals, etc. Little over a year old.

Second, after reading here a bit, I'm interested in a Pioneer 53/55 TX, or the Yammy 1400/2400. I really want the room EQ.

What does one have over the other. Subjective and Objective opinions alike welcome.

Is the YPAO superior to the MCACC? vice versa?

I know this is also somewhat subjective, but are the MOSFET amps in the Elite better than the yammies?

Thanks.

Jason Brent

Second Unit
Thanks for the input Wayne.

BTW, I've been reading through searches and your name comes up quite a bit on the Yammies, great help:)

So far in my searching, I haven't been able to discern whether any of these can do bass management on the 6/8 channel inputs like my HK does. Anybody?

CurtisSC

Screenwriter

Not sure about the 3805, but I'm pretty sure the Yamahas do not. The 525...and higher HK's in general have many features that can not be found in competing receivers.

I also have a HK 525 being used as a pre/pro, but it is going to be replaced by the Sherwood/Newcastle P-965, which also does bass management on the 6/8 channel inputs.

Also thought about selling the 525, but figured I could not get more than $400 for it...maybe less, so I am giving it to my Parents, they are starting an HT system.

KrishnaS

Stunt Coordinator
Curtis, Do you like your 525? I was initially planning on getting a denon but am leaning toward HK now. Like you, I plan on using it as a prepro only once I upgrade my front two speakers. At the moment it will be driving an energy Take 5 system,

What does the 525 offer above the 325 and 330? HK has the 325 for $330, the 330 for $396 and the 525 for $430. Which one do you recomend?

CurtisSC

Screenwriter
Krishna,

Yes...I really like my 525. Over the 325/330, it has more power and more flexible bass management, as well as bass management on the 7.1 inputs. On the current models, you do not get the extra bass management features until the 630.

KrishnaS

Stunt Coordinator
The power increase doesn't interest me too much. All I'm driving are the little Energy Take 5 system. When I upgrade my fronts I plan on adding an outboard amp. With the 525 being only 100 bucks more than the 325 it might be worth picking up. Does the bass management on the 7.1 inputs make a huge difference? Is it worth a hundred bucks??

Another quick question - is the 330 the replacement for the 325?

CurtisSC

Screenwriter

It depends. Do you plan on using them for SACD/DVD-A? If so, what player will you use and will it have good bass management on its own?

KrishnaS

Stunt Coordinator
Yes I plan on using them for SACD and DVD-A. I'm not sure which player I am buying yet. I really want the Denon 2200 but it is not available anywhere. Another forum member suggested the Pioneer 563 , which, I understand does not have good bass management. Ca you suggest a good universal player in the $300 range?

CurtisSC

Screenwriter
In that range....the 563a is the only game in town right now. That is the one I use. The Denon 2200 refurbed can be had for that much.

Samsung has some universals coming out for that range, but the specs are not out yet.

KrishnaS

Stunt Coordinator
Man, I dropped the ball on picking up the 2200 at ecost for $299. And it's not available any more. How's the sound quality on the Pionner? I plan on using it as my CD transport as well. I think my best bet is to go for the HK 525 and Pioneer combo. What do you say?

CurtisSC

Screenwriter
I am happy with my 563a. For $150 and what it gives, it is a great deal. I am listening to it right now...

I will upgrade when I get a new hi-def TV, then I will look for a universal with digital video output.

KrishnaS

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah, looks like I have finally decided. Quick question, If I buy the 563 and the 525 what cables do I need to order> One SVideo Cable, one optical cable to go to my receiver and one set of 6 interconnects right?

Any recomendation on cheap but good cables? Onecall has a set of 6 interconnect cables for 150!!!! That's more than the cost of the bloody DVD player! No way am I paying that much for a freaging cable!

Jason Brent

Second Unit
I like my Tosh SD4800. No bass management, though. But decent CD transport for the money. I paid $145 BSN (Brand Spankin' New:D)

Also doesn't do SACD

KrishnaS

Stunt Coordinator
I really want SACD as well. I haven't heard either DVD-A or SACD but would like to have the ability to do both. If I could do without SACD , ecost has a Denon 1200 for $199. I think I'm going with the 563 after reading up a bunch of threadson it. Seems like a decent player for the price.

CurtisSC

Screenwriter

And additional pair of rca's for two-channel analog (CD) use. When playing CDs and using the digital connection to the 525, the dreaded HK "dropout" issue occurs on certain CDs, specifically, CDs that have no digital information between tracks....that is why I went with the analog connection.

A good place for cables is http://bluejeanscable.com .

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks