What's new

Things you'll never see in the Winter olympics (1 Viewer)

Rob_J

Stunt Coordinator
Caffeteria meal tray sliding down the bobsled track, or 1 to 4 man inner tube sliding down the bobsled track. Extra points for going down backwards. :)

Bill Eberhardt

Stunt Coordinator
The paper this morning mentioned that Vonetta Flowers (woman's bobsled) was the first black American to win a gold medal in the Winter Olympics. Congatulations to her.

I don't recall a black athlete from any country medaling in the Winter Olympics. There must have been, maybe I haven't been paying attention.

Bill_D

Supporting Actor
Butt Naked Frozen Lake Endurance Bobbing Competition

CATEGORIES:

a) Women

b) Men

c) Mixed Doubles

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
I don't recall a black athlete from any country medaling in the Winter Olympics.
Of course their have to have been others, but there was an African-American female winner for US in bobsled the other day.
Apparently, you'll never see an undisputed champion in short track cross the finish line in first place. ;)

Travis D

Second Unit
How about "Erect Nipple Ice Sculpting"
Oh yeah, while on the topic of Vonetta Flowers, she is from Helena, Alabama. Only 2 miles from where I live. All of us down here are real proud of our athelete. Her being the first black woman to recieve a gold at the Winter Olympics is just icing on our cake.
BTW - Helena is pronounced Hell-lean-uh not Hell-in-uh. Bob Costas should do a little research before announcing home towns from now on. ;)

Ashley Seymour

Supporting Actor
Short Track Ice Roller Derby

Oops, imagine my surprise when I tuned in last Saturday night and saw that it was included! S. Korean jamer takes the lead, blocks two other scaters and the Austrailan gets a point. Wednesday night; S. Korean skater screws up the jam and the American gets the point.

Any French cross country skiier finishing ahead of a German who is carrying a rifle.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks