What's new

Things You’ve Seen in Movies or TV But will Never See in Life (1 Viewer)

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
A car lot with hundreds of overeager customers checking out all the cars like you see in commercials. Any time I have been on a car lot, there are at most 5 other customers.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
Actors portraying rockstars/popstars playing a guitar (or piano), where it is obvious they're not playing the correct notes + chords on the guitar (or piano) corresponding in the accompanying music in a scene.

This is especially noticible if you know what the note/chord patterns are suppose to look like on the guitar neck or piano keyboard corresponding to particular note/chord sounds in a piece of music.

To my eyes as a former musician, it is very aggravating to watch and notice such deviations.

Thomas Newton

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Newton
There's Roger Ebert's "idiot plot" – as in, "if the characters weren't all idiots, there wouldn't be a plot."

This is seen in movies where a serial killer is hunting teenagers. Eventually the teenagers take shelter in a house. They can board up doors and windows; find weapons; protect each other's backs; and maybe even phone the police.

So do they sit tight? Oh no! Someone has the "bright" idea of splitting up, and going one by one, unarmed, into the dark woods, to look for the killer.

JQuintana

BANNED
Real Name
Me
When a movie character easily jumps from one high rise building to another. Or when a building is hit by say a missile and one of the main characters survives but is blown out a window and at the last second grabs the edge of the building and hangs by a 1 inch ledge for 10 minutes before getting miraculously rescued.

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
When people finish having sex, they both have their torsos wrapped around a blanket/sheet (the same one?) while sitting side-by-side, facing the same direction, then simultaneously falling on their backs while panting exhaustion.

JQuintana

BANNED
Real Name
Me
When a character makes a call or receives a call on a smartphone you can clearly (phone is by their ear) see the main home screen of the phone and the screen never turns black like it's supposed to.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Characters always speaking perfectly, no flubs, no mush mouth, no misplaced words, perfect diction etc. unless speech flubs are part of the story or are an established character trait.

Notable exception: "Boogie Nights": "My wife has an ass in her cock!".

BarryR

Supporting Actor
Real Name
BARRY RIVADUE
[QUOTE
="Vic Pardo, post: 4647808, member: 387918"]People ordering a meal or sitting down to a meal and then not eating it. Sometimes they're called away before they can eat it, but most of the time, they finish their expository conversation and then get up, leaving a full plate on the table. I see this in movies and TV episodes (usually westerns) all the time and it drives me nuts. "Eat your food!" I yell at the screen.

Glad to read this! It annoys the hell out of me when a newly served platter or drink is served and left untouched. It's so irritating, the sense of waste, even though it's all make believe. Especially if someone just receives their platter and is immediately called away. On another note, I hate to see destruction of food (assuming they're not fake props) in car chases, when beautiful stands of fruit and vegetables get destroyed.

:angry:

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
A person opens a door from the outside and comes into a room, but you never see them close the door. All through the scene I am thinking “don’t forget to close the door!” “don’t forget to close the door!”

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
Anything involving law enforcement or investigators where they can take one little piece of almost meaningless information and learn everything they need about a specific person or case.

Makes people think they can call into the police and give a name or car description and find out if that person or car has been involved in any sort of incident anywhere, without fail, within a handful of seconds.

cinemiracle

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
I could never understand why in Hollywood horror movies, it is always the female that screams rather than the male. Women are stronger when faced with terror and are unlikely to scream in fear. Why also do men never cry in movies as they do in real life.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks