What's new

Things move to "Very Bad" on the Sony/PSN Front.. (1 Viewer)

Jeffery_H

Supporting Actor
Originally Posted by TonyD

More bad news:

http://www.f-secure.com/weblog/archives/00002160.html

Sam it drives nuts that you always post just the link without at least a tiny synopsis.

"We know you're not supposed to kick somebody when they're already down… but we just found a live phishing site running on one of Sony's servers."

So anyway what is the latest on the playstation net? Does it work? What's this business about free game?
Wen I go onto my ps3 all I can get to work is Netflix.[/QUOTE]

My best advice is to stay informed at some of the major game sites and to follow several sources on places like Twitter for the latest breaking news.

In regard to the PSN, it works for me too at this time and I have upgraded to the latest firmware 3.61. However, as noted by Sony and on the other sites, it depends upon where you live as to what you have access to. By now, most should have access to the PSN, at least here in the USA and Canada. Then, it was announced the Sony Store should be open by May 24th, unless there is a delay, that is just Sony's best guess right now. As to the free content, this was detailed in the Sony press release too so you can find out more from those sources.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
From wired.com...... On PS3, there’s patchwork creation station LittleBigPlanet, open-world superhero game inFamous, futuristic antigravity racer Wipeout HD and its Fury expansion pack, mini-adventure Ratchet and Clank: Quest for Booty and zombie blaster Dead Nation. You’ll get to download two of these for free from the PlayStation Store, unless you’re in Germany, where inFamous and Dead Nation are replaced with Super Stardust HD and Hustle Kings. For handheld console PSP, your selection is a little more limited. The four-game selection offers LittleBigPlanet, racetrack-builder ModNation Racers, cops-and-robbers sim Pursuit Force and top-down shooter Killzone Liberation. Again, you’ll get to pick two games you fancy and, again, Germany’s stringent rating rules mean gamers in that country don’t get the violent titles (Pursuit Force and Killzone are dropped in favor of Everybody’s Golf 2 and Buzz Junior Jungle Party). The firm will also give gamers 30 free days of its PlayStation Plus membership, and 60 free days to existing subscribers, which gives you bonus features like free and discounted games, automatic downloads and cloud storage for save files. Existing Music Unlimited subscribers will be given 30 days’ free subscription, and there will be some gratis virtual doodads in PlayStation Home. To account for the missed PlayStation Store updates — gamers missed out on three regularly scheduled content dumps — Sony will restock the shop “multiple times” per week to get everyone caught up.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I've been able to get system updates and game updates, and been able to open the internet browser (didn't try to go anywhere other than Sony's info site though). No store yet.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
they claim the store will be up by the end of the week. Be nice to get me pre-ordered down loadable content that was unavailable, but who's going to trust the store with a credit card again?

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Still no email re: identity theft protection coverage. My gf's brother got one late last week for AllClearID powered by Debix but I have yet to receive it. Checked SPAM filters...

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
here is the email reply I received. No idea what its for or what I would do with it. Your activation code is enclosed for AllClear ID Identity Theft Protection Thank you for signing up for AllClear ID PLUS. Please find your activation code below. If you would like to sign up for the service, you will have until June 28, 2011, at 11:59:59 PM CST to redeem your activation code on the AllClear ID website. Here is your personal, nontransferable Activation Code: XXXXXXXXXX Please follow these simple instructions to sign up for AllClear ID PLUS: 1. Visit the AllClear ID website by clicking on the following link: www.allclearid.com/sony 2. Click the "Sign Me Up" button. 3. Fill in the information requested on the registration form, including your unique activation code. Click "Submit" to complete your registration. 4. AllClear ID will send you a confirmation email with additional details about the service, including contact information. AllClear ID PLUS is a service offered by Debix and not by Sony, so if you are interested in signing up for the service, please be certain to review all the information about the program on the AllClear ID website. The service is subject to the AllClear ID terms and conditions. Sincerely, Sony Computer Entertainment & Sony Network Entertainment

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Sam that was my exact thinking after looking at that last email they sent me. It looks so generic that it could be from anyone.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
You know what the worst part is? When you hover your mouse over that us.playstation.com URL, it's actually a playstation-email.com URL!!! What were they thinking?

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Yeah, I just noticed that.. Todd, if you haven't, I'd change your post to edit that because that link gives out your yahoo email address..

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Too late Todd, I've already written it on the bathroom wall at my local public library!

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I forgot I even had a PSN account (I never gave them any sensitive information), but I charged up and updated my PSP to see about getting my free LBP. It said I needed a new password and sent me to a site that says it's undergoing maintenance. Is that what everyone is seeing?

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
The PSN is down for maintenance today Greg, I don't know if it's back up yet, I'd try again later. You had terrible timing!

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Thanks, I'll try again. I actually tried a couple of days in a row with the same result so I figured they were completely down.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks