What's new

The X-Files: 9th Season a 7-disc set (1 Viewer)

Jari

Stunt Coordinator
Ah.. but those of us who bought seasons 1-8 paved the way for tv on dvd. So everybody should thank us for our great sacriface! ;)

Come on! It's only money... (and quite a lot actually.. damn!)

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, but it's just one of the hard facts of life when it comes to collecting DVD. You get something when it's first released, you pay full retail. You wait and the price drops. This is no different. The prices are automatically higher but percentage-wise this is just about normal. Would I have prefered these prices when the sets were first released? Yes. Is the additional money worth the fact that I've had the sets for as much as 4 years (although Season 8 will only be six months old at the time of it's price drop)? I think so. In any case, I'm not gonna lose any sleep over it. Anyways, it's easier to raise $100 every six months than to pay $640 all at once.

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter

That's the way I always rationlize it, we forked up a lot of money in the beginning for these high-priced sets so people now can get those sets and new sets for much lower prices. We're the unsung heroes of TV on DVD. :)

John Simon

Second Unit
I'd hardly say we got burned with Seasons 1-8, considering that they went for around $70 on a number of websites ever since the first season was released. While the SRP is significantly lower on the 9th season, a basic search would've yielded similar prices on all the seasons on their original release dates.

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
Isn't it weird thinking back to what, 1999, 2000? When the only TV on DVD was the first season of The X-Files. It was so weird and new, and I personally thought I'd never see the day I have a complete collection of The X-Files - but here we are... :D

Adam T

Agent
I remember seeing the first box set in one of those FOX promo books in there DVDs. When I first saw it I thought it was weird. Weird enough where I bought it and now look at what as happened. I thank you FOX and curse you for those prices.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks