What's new

The Wizard of Oz 4K UHD 80th Anniversary (1 Viewer)

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
It is stays at 19.96, think I'll get it from Walmart or Best Buy. At least then when if it drops to 12-15 by New Years, I can get a refund on the price paid for 45-90 days. If I go with BBY the the Rz points are now worth around 6% for me for at least the next year+

THE UK digital code work in US? Unlikely it will work directly. Many of the proxy/workaround don't work anymore with Flixster and UV gone. Warner has been pretty good about exchanging international codes for US items if you contact them and ask.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Would the UHd have a U.K. code and packaging? The disc will be region free but not the code correct??

Thanks!!

Digital codes are so much region locked as region or geographic/IP specific. UK codes will only redeem on UK Digital sites and through some VPN proxy which you could manipulate to get it to add to the US digital. With UV and Flixster now gone, it has been very difficult to find a way to get those codes to redeem from the US and then transfer into a US account.

It may not be impossible, but it far more difficult than it was. It's far easier to get Warner to give you a US code.

Camper

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David Dennis
The back of the packaging has been displayed and it does not contain and that most soundtrack. It's the same DTS Master audio 5.1

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
The back of the packaging has been displayed and it does not contain and that most soundtrack. It's the same DTS Master audio 5.1
It wasn't Dolby Atmos when I watched the iTunes 4K/DV stream, the morning of August 13th.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
I don’t even really understand why there’s an expectation for Atmos soundtracks. For every pre-Atmos era film released, in order to create an Atmos track, doesn’t that require that the sound be remixed from scratch? That’s a huge undertaking for each and every release. Or is there some kind of smart algorithm that can convert 5.1 to Atmos?

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
All of this Oz talk has inspired me to pull out my 3D copy of the film, which I haven’t seen since it came out. Saw it once in IMAX and once at home on my then-new 50” plasma, but not since. Now I have a projector and wow does this look great. Each time I’ve seen it I’ve marveled not just at the 3D conversion (which is outstanding) but the underlying 2D restoration which is also great.

Wonderful to have so many good options for enjoying this fine film.

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Coming to Dolby Cinema on the week of October 25th. I am about to go visit my sister so I was looking up the movie schedule for her city. It turns out that The Wizard of Oz is playing in her local dolby cinema every morning that I will be there. This will be my first experience in a dolby cinema and I am glad that it will be for a film that I am as familiar with as this one.

https://www.amctheatres.com/movies/the-wizard-of-oz-80th-anniversary-in-dolby-cinema-61932

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
My Amazon order has been updated to show delivery on Oct 31, two days after release. If a local retailer has it for the same price (or less, of course), I'll buy it on release date and cancel the Amazon order.

I'm planning to show 'Wizard of Oz' in the Booth Bijou Garage Theater as our B-movie to the main feature, 'The Art of Racing in the Rain' in early November.

Mark

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
My Amazon order has been updated to show delivery on Oct 31, two days after release. If a local retailer has it for the same price (or less, of course), I'll buy it on release date and cancel the Amazon order.

I'm planning to show 'Wizard of Oz' in the Booth Bijou Garage Theater as our B-movie to the main feature, 'The Art of Racing in the Rain' in early November.

Mark

Same on the shipping, though I know I won't watch on release night, so I don't know if I'll cancel the order unless it's substantially cheaper locally.

AnthonyClarke

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Anthony
Look forward to reading your review, just to whet my appetite!
My grandson loves the movie (so do my children of course) so there'll be a house-party when it arrives. My wife will leave the room when the monkeys arrive .......

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Look forward to reading your review, just to whet my appetite!
My grandson loves the movie (so do my children of course) so there'll be a house-party when it arrives. My wife will leave the room when the monkeys arrive .......

Shipping notice sent so this should arrive Monday. Obviously others will get their copies about the same time! :)

AnthonyClarke

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Anthony
Fantastic. Mine should arrive then in about ten days, on the day my Breville Double Boiler espresso machine returns from repairs. I don't know which one I'm hanging out for most.....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks