What's new

The Wizard of Oz 4K UHD 80th Anniversary (1 Viewer)

Camper

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David Dennis
And none of the deleted scenes are included on either disc is that correct? Thanks for the information

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
And none of the deleted scenes are included on either disc is that correct? Thanks for the information

Only extras on the 4K disc are the commentary and the circa 1990 documentary hosted by Angela Lansbury.

As mentioned, the Blu-ray literally replicates the 2013 release - same copyright on the disc! - so if it's not on that one, it's not here! :)

moviebuff75

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Scott Richard
So the encode error from the old Blu-ray when the Munchkins Wave bye to Glenda is still there on the bd. They fixed it for the 3D version. And I suppose on the 4K, Judy's line is still altered. Sigh.

moviebuff75

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Scott Richard
I have the 1997 MGM DVD and it is on there, and every release before that. I know someone on originaltrilogy was trying to find it. I don't think it is anywhere online. I am willing to concede it may have been an original mistake, if I can be convinced. It is likely. But we heard it for sixty years.

Reactions: PMF

Timothy A Goldich

Auditioning
Real Name
Tim
It will be very interesting to see what additional detail (if any) can be gleaned from a 1939 Technicolor film in UHD 4K. At least the colors in HDR should be very nice.

Personally, I would be even more excited if the sound were improved. I don't know how much more picture information is available, but current audio technology has progressed enough that they could improve the sound greatly, but no one seems interested in the sound portion of the film. No information available has made any mention of the sound.

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Personally, I would be even more excited if the sound were improved. I don't know how much more picture information is available, but current audio technology has progressed enough that they could improve the sound greatly, but no one seems interested in the sound portion of the film. No information available has made any mention of the sound.
This would be because it is the same audio track as the existing blu-ray. No reason to mention something that didn't change.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Ordered!
Thank you Robert!!

Hope we get some classic Hitchcock on UHd Blu Ray in the next year or so.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks