What's new

the usual request for new receiver (1 Viewer)

DavidZ

Auditioning
I have an old onkyo I am at work and do not have the model number at hand it was the top of the line 2010. 9 amplifiers yada yada. Just when the warranty was about to expire 6 years agi the amp died. it was the capacitor in the amplifier section overheating and dying. they covered with warranty. :) i bought an amp cooler and it has worked like a champ. I do not want atmos do not have 4k although will at some point. My system is all mirage speaker:
mirage-m3.jpg
huge M3 si and mirage satellite speakers for 5.1 width surround and rear. so 9 speakers it is a big room also 2 HSU vt3 subs.
about 2 weeks ago turned it on and no sound. I did a hard reboot and all was well. yesterday( i am not home but on a business trip) my wife said it did the same thing. My wife and tech savy daughter were able to get the sound from the tv but not the amp. I am done with ONKYO it's longevity and quality control leaves something to be desired I see that is the consensus here. When it worked it was wonderful. So need to replace it. would not mind buying last year model of something. Want 9.2 obviously not gong to put speakers on the ceiling no atmos. next upgrade would have been a 4kTV will postpone that but want the capabiltiy. around 1600-2000 price guide. I see where you guys mentioned a discount houses price for less non refurbished units are they legit? Yamaha integra denon sony come to mind I see where you guys mention Maranntz which formally used to be a shit company. Looking forward to some suggestions

addendum I see Onkyo is fixing HDMI issues on my year of receiver under warranty so you do not need to suggest that Will probably try that to buy some more time but want to see what is out there any way( that assumes that the no audio problem is the HDMI )

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks