What's new

The Unit: Season 4 (2 Viewers)

Brian^K

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian
As with any business, neither revenues (effectively "ratings") nor cost is ever the issue: The issue is always profit. Profit is revenues minus cost. You can, therefore, increase profit two ways: Increase revenues, or decrease cost. By making the show more appealing to desirable demographics, they can begin to work on improving the revenue side of the equation.

Besides, putting more focus on the women's story may reduce the frequency of (very expensive) outdoor set/major special effects scenes. That'll work the cost side of the equation.

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter
I would say, given how "Redcap" is being used (comms, working with the families, etc) that it would not be counter to any current SpecWar SOPs. Now if they used her as a shooter only, then I could see a problem.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
The premier episode was one of the best episodes I have seen on this show. Does anyone know how long this story arc will last?

Bryan Toth

Stunt Coordinator
I always was a fan of this show, but -- Wow!!! That was definitely some way to kick-start the season. When I first saw the ads that showed a woman joining The Unit, I couldn't think of any logical way that it could ever happen. Given the circumstances of the premiere though, it does actually make sense. I'd have to agree with a lot of the comments already - this was probably the best episode of the show I've seen so far (and I've seen them all!). For some reason, after every episode of this show, I feel like I've watched a whole feature film. The quality of the production, writing, acting, effects, etc. always seems to be top-notch.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I'll agree that this was one of the better episodes of the series, but I don't know how anyone can say it was better than that 3 episode arc that ended season 2, and began season 3 (the one where they all had to go in hiding as they were being investigated). That was some of the best network television I've ever seen!

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
This has been a really strong season. It's a shame it will likely also be the last.

Thought it was a little too convenient that Ryan when on this mission with the rest of the mission, but I guess I can give them a pass since his part of the story is working out so well.

Brian^K

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian
Last week's was actually quite entertaining. (I haven't seen this week's yet.)

It doesn't matter how credible it is if it is interesting to watch.

Spero D

Second Unit

Not unless it takes you out of the show. Thought tonights was one of the, if not the worst ep of the season IMO. YMMV.

Brian^K

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian
My mother used to tell me, "No one can make you feel anything; you do that to yourself." (I think she was paraphrasing Eleanor Roosevelt.) The first step in accepting television as entertainment is accepting that there is actually a way for whatever going on on screen to have been filmed so it could be played-back for your enjoyment. Everything else, from there, is just an extension of that fundamental suspension of disbelief.

Again, I haven't see this week's episode yet, but it was not especially difficult for my wife and I to both stay "in" the show, last week.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I assume Spero is talking about the spirituality stuff with the sword, so I guess it all depends on one's own spirituality. Personally, I'm probably with Spero on this but I still enjoyed the episode. I'm glad it seems they won't drag Brown's heroin addiction any further (although that could have been interesting if done right). Noticed Scott Foley directed this episode.

Spero D

Second Unit

That and Kim going on the mission. Uh-huh. And from the eps before that an army wife with no training would suddenly be used as an undercover agent. Which leads to a army wife that is suddenly interrogating a suspect in the assassination plot of the vice president.

Uh-huh.

Seeing that Coolbreeze directed this latest one maybe explains why it was so poor an ep. Again YMMV.

Brian^K

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian
Kim's participation in this week's episode made sense -- she was helping cover for her husband's addiction.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Yeah I agree that her going with Brown this week wasn't that far-fetched. But I also agree that her involvement in bringing Reed down in earlier episodes was WAY out there. But it did make for some pretty compelling scenes.

mylan

Screenwriter
Well I think the new guy has certainly earned the respect of the team, falling on the grenade, I hope he gets some recognition.
I am still unclear on Col. Ryan's explanation for the need to move the team and their families, anybody else get that?

Duane R

Second Unit
I think the idea is that whoever hired the goons to release the gas may very well know the team is there.

Spero D

Second Unit
As another poster said on another forum- What a bizarre episode.

The whole Mack thing was the ultimate definition of pointless filler.

No real questions answered about what Whiplash's issue is. I also find it hard to believe the Army wouldn't take him into custody.

Overall, one of the worse eps for awhile.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Yeah, that was out there. I didn't think he did as much damage as what her body showed. The Mack stuff this week was pointless and uninteresting.

And jeez...I think this was the 4th week in a row the show started well after the slotted time and I was stuck with 30+ minutes of that horrible procedural show that airs prior. I know it was due to the basketball a few weeks ago, but what was it this week? Either way, I really wish they would update the guide data when that happens. Good thing for Bit Torrent.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks