What's new

The ULTIMATE Subwoofer (1 Viewer)

JessPrice

Stunt Coordinator
Adire has come up with a new Subwoofer motor. One that has BLOWN me away with it's potential SPL. About 80 mm one way linear X-max. This is one sub motor to recognize with. Read about it here: http://www.adireaudio.com/Files/Dan/Parthenon/

121dB reference volume NAKED, without a box. This sub will be THE sub for the future DIY'ers IMO.

MattBu

Stunt Coordinator

At $4000 JUST for the motor alone? Yeah right. At 1/10th that price it wouldn't be "THE sub" it's far too costly for the mainstream market, though very impressive.

Robert_Gaither

Screenwriter
The price is really based mainly because it's a prototype most likely. I bet within 5 years this might be affordable to more people, not due to the fact that they will get a better job or save money but most likely the knowledge gained by making such a driver will be applied to more limited scale (now when are they going to do a fire sale on the Tumults)? :D

JessPrice

Stunt Coordinator
When I said THE sub, I meant the sub that the bass crazy DIY'ers will dream about having. Sorry I did not see this being posted earlier.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks