Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
We're currently without AntennaTV in this part of Florida. It's not available on any full-power station in Orlando, and it's been removed from the Tampa affiliate that was carrying it. Rumor has it that Antenna will return in September on a Tampa station. I'm kind of OK without it. Most of their shows are not favorites of mine. The best they have are really old, like Burns and Allen and Father Knows Best.

Meanwhile, back to TWILIGHT ZONE, I just caught the end of "Will The Real Martian Please Stand Up?" Whenever I think of that episode I always remember:

the third eye on the cafe owner, but not the third arm on John Hoyt.

Then as I see the episode unfold, I make the connection in my brain.

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose
We're currently without AntennaTV in this part of Florida. It's not available on any full-power station in Orlando, and it's been removed from the Tampa affiliate that was carrying it. Rumor has it that Antenna will return in September on a Tampa station. I'm kind of OK without it. Most of their shows are not favorites of mine. The best they have are really old, like Burns and Allen and Father Knows Best.

Meanwhile, back to TWILIGHT ZONE, I just caught the end of
"Will The Real Martian Please Stand Up?"
Whenever I think of that episode I always remember:

the third eye on the cafe owner, but not the third arm on John Hoyt.

Then as I see the episode unfold, I make the connection in my brain.
Don't forget Jack Benny!

Yes when I was a kid that scared the bejesus out of me. Now I laugh.

BEEF STEW TO-DAY!

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I’ve been monitoring Decades TV for the better part of yesterday and checked this morning. i had not seen any of the hourlong episodes shown yet and looking at the schedule on their website, I see they showed some over night. This morning they showed a great first season episode. So they are bouncing around all the seasons and mixing them up.

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose
I’ve been monitoring Decades TV for the better part of yesterday and checked this morning. i had not seen any of the hourlong episodes shown yet and looking at the schedule on their website, I see they showed some over night. This morning they showed a great first season episode. So they are bouncing around all the seasons and mixing them up.
Yes clearly the folks who are choosing these episodes are true fans of the show themselves. For example this morning back to back they ran two episodes with the 'beautiful blonde in distress' theme. The Hitch-Hiker with Inger Stevens followed by Mirror Image with Vera Miles.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I caught the tail end of Mirror Image. Strange to see Martin Milner right before Route 66. Too bad the Route 66 DVD set doesn’t have as high quality master as TZ does.

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose
I caught the tail end of Mirror Image. Strange to see Martin Milner right before Route 66. Too bad the Route 66 DVD set doesn’t have as high quality master as TZ does.
You got that right Nelson. But believe it or not some of the 2nd, 3rd and 4th season episodes are almost as good!

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
I’m still working my way through season one.

Whenever there is a James Bond or Star Trek movie on tv I end up watching a bit. Even though I have them all.

I miss the James Bond channel on Pluto for instance.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I was expecting the TZ binge to carry-on to today. But I see it was only Saturday and Sunday.

Last night I did watch an episode as I carried on with my re-watching each episode in order. I last left off with Kick the Can that I watched a few weeks ago, that was a really really good one. I didn't connect to it when I saw it as a kid, but now it played better for me as an adult. It’s a nice fantasy to want to be young again and go back to your youth. I’d also rewatched Walking Distance earlier in the day yesterday and it gets better with each viewing for me.

Last night I saw A Piano in the House. I’d never seen this episode before! I’m really surprised I’d not seen it, or at least seen a write up of it. I liked Barry Morse’s performance. and it was a cool idea how a player piano could bring out the truth in people. But in the end, it didn’t really have any kind of moral to the story. It was a flat ending, Mr. Fortune lost everything. And so I guess he got what he deserved for being so cruel to everyone.

ponset

Screenwriter
Real Name
scott

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Richard Donner directed the classic episode, NIGHTMARE AT 20,000 Feet with William Shatner who recently gave some of his thoughts about that episodes here.

I haven't looked it up but Richard Donner must have been the last living director of The Twilight Zone.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks