What's new

The Twilight Time News and Info Thread (2 Viewers)

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
RolandL said:
Yes, I hope that is a joke.
I don't think it is, and combined with the fact that they will be releasing an animation title in the end of year, actually a "motion capture" title, it's speculated at bluray.com that this will be the film:

Wade Sowers

Second Unit
Real Name
Wade Sowers
Quatermass II said:
And The Vikings, of course (yet again) - in the hope that if we keep banging on about it, someone will put it out on Blu just to shut us up
Besides THE VIKINGS, I keep requesting NO DOWN PAYMENT (scope, black and white, directed by Martin Ritt) and did receive an encouraging word from Twilight Time in that they do have the rights but need to check the materials available.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Quatermass II said:
I'd rather have Mad Magician or Miss Sadie Thomson, to be honest - and I think most 3D fans would, too.

Its available on this web site and others in English and 3D so I don't know why TT would release it. If someone wanted it in 3D they would have already bought it since it was released last year. Its also on Netflix but probably not the 3D version - I'll have to check.

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
RolandL said:
Its available on this web site and others in English and 3D so I don't know why TT would release it.
Because it isn't available in Region A and even if some people have a Region Free player don't like importing?

That Bluray you linked to is Region B only from what I know.

Paul Hillenbrand

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul Hillenbrand
Konstantinos said:
Because it isn't available in Region A and even if some people have a Region Free player don't like importing?

That Bluray you linked to is Region B only from what I know.
Space Pirate Captain Harlock 3D (Hong Kong) version is region A, but it only has Japanese Audio with English and Traditional Chinese subtitles. Many prefer English audio that is only available in one or two region B releases.

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
Paul Hillenbrand said:
Space Pirate Captain Harlock 3D (Hong Kong) version is region A, but it only has Japanese Audio with English and Traditional Chinese subtitles. Many prefer English audio that is only available in one or two region B releases.
Still, from what I have seen in forums, 90% of people hate importing.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Paul Hillenbrand said:

I'm watching it now on Starz. Not 3D, but 1080, English Dolby Digital Plus 5.1 (you can also select Japanese Dolby Digital Plus 5.1) with or without subtitles. I could be wrong but, I don't think they will sell very many of this title.

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
RolandL said:
I'm watching it now on Starz. Not 3D, but 1080, English Dolby Digital Plus 5.1 (you can also select Japanese Dolby Digital Plus 5.1) with or without subtitles. I could be wrong but, I don't think they will sell very many of this title.
It's not certain yet that this would be definitely the title.

It was just a speculation. ;)

But even if it isn't, something definitely similar is.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Konstantinos said:
It's not certain yet that this would be definitely the title.

It was just a speculation. ;)

But even if it isn't, something definitely similar is.

Are there any other 3D titles that are a "recent sci-fi film from Japan"?

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
RolandL said:
Are there any other 3D titles that are a "recent sci-fi film from Japan"?
I don't know any other.

edit: By the way, I would love to see some statistics from TT, about how decades sell in their collection.

What is the best selling decade?

Quatermass II

Second Unit
Real Name
John Hayes
Now, Mr. Konstantinos has raised a very good question. I'm in my sixties, and so I guess I'm looking for the films I saw in my childhood and misspent youth, which would be during those golden years of the fifties and sixties. The fabulous period of Cinerama, CinemaScope, Todd-AO and Ultra Panavision, and, of course, 3D. Happily, most of the 70mm epics have enjoyed a Blu ray release - but several are still waiting - and a lot of the 'Scope spectaculars and westerns are now available on DVD and Blu. However, the only 3D film I saw in the fifties was Charge At Feather River, so there is huge gap in my 3D experience from that period, which I would very much like to fill.

Quatermass II

Second Unit
Real Name
John Hayes
I love that page on the 3D Film Archive - amazing posters that really tried to sell the films. I thought it was interesting to note that Warner's shot The Command twice - a quite decent cavalry picture - and then never even edited the 3D version, just left it in the cans. I think now might be the time to blow the dust off them!

Quatermass II

Second Unit
Real Name
John Hayes
Here's another great Richard Fleischer film for Larry's list - 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea. It's a shame that Disney have forgotten that they made any films before 1970.

I've just remembered another great 'Scope film I saw as a kid and have only seen as flat 16mm print since then - and it was a Fox release, in case the Twilight Time folks are unaware: On The Threshold Of Space. I don't think it's ever been shown on TV, even - certainly not here in England.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks