What's new

The Twilight Time News and Info Thread (1 Viewer)

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
Just patiently waiting for more of the Fox oldies to become available, since your 20th Century Fox output is still your most valuable and exclusive. I particularly wait for more in this category.

amacken

Auditioning
Real Name
Andrew Mackenzie
Here's my wish list of Fox-MGM/UA-Sony films, in roughly descending order:

TWO FOR THE ROAD (1967)

ANASTASIA (1955)

DARLING (1965)

WOMEN IN LOVE (1970)

HOPE AND GLORY (1987)

PEYTON PLACE (1957)

HIS GIRL FRIDAY (1940)

VALLEY OF THE DOLLS (1967)

HOW TO STEAL A MILLION (1966)

9 TO 5 (1980)

HOLIDAY (1938)

EVERYTHING YOU'VE ALWAYS WANTED TO KNOW ABOUT SEX (1972)

TEA WITH MUSSOLINI (1999)

SUDDENLY LAST SUMMER (1959)

IN A LONELY PLACE (1950)

JULIA (1977)

THE LION IN WINTER (1968)

THE TAMING OF THE SHREW (1967)

TOM JONES (1963)

PODER

Supporting Actor
Real Name
PETER JABLONSKI
Count me in for THE BEST THINGS IN LIFE ARE FREE, as well as other Fox Cinemascope films they've released in pan-and-scan only!

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
In this centenary year of Frank Sinatra, I was thinking of, The Devil At 4 O'clock (1961) Sony. A really enjoyable movie, & there's a beautiful looking HD transfer that shows up on TV (UK) every now & again (I still have it on my planner). And the three cop films he made for Fox in the sixties: Tony Rome, The Detective & Lady In Cement.

Oh, & a lot of tasty Sony Hammers.

Thank you.

...& oh (sorry, last one...for now), a lot of great cinemascope fifties Fox westerns.

gcardu10

Agent
Real Name
Greg C.
I would love to see more films from pre-1950.

Any musicals with Alice Faye, Betty Grable or Sonja Henie would be great.

Was it suggested at one time that Sun Valley Serenade (1941) might be coming from Twilight Time?

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Thanks to the TT crew for this thread.

Recently Mr. Finn at Fox suggested "Hush Hush Sweet Charlotte" and "Long Hot Summer" were potential releases via one of their partners. Are you able to comment on these ?

Also, if Sony can provide an HD ready "The Last Hurrah" please consider releasing it. It's got a terrific cast.

Please keep up the great work. Tell Julie her booklets are wonderful, and I'm always up for listening to the Nick & Julie commentaries.

SeanAx

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Sean Axmaker
So glad to see this thread. Twilight Time releases just keep getting better. Looking forward to more film noir!

Dr Griffin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zxpndk
DP 70 said:
Any titles from 65mm productions would be most welcome.

Thanks.

The Last Valley (1971)

MGMs DVD was a mess, but I'm thinking the film probably needs massive work. Any idea what the status of this title is?

Dr Griffin said:
The Last Valley (1971)

MGMs DVD was a mess, but I'm thinking the film probably needs massive work. Any idea what the status of this title is?
I would love to have "Last Valley" on BD. I once watched it in Karlsruhe, Germany, during their Cinerama Widescreen Festival. The print was terrible faded... but what an even!

And yes, the DVD is indeed a disaster!

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Andreas Wagner said:
I would love to have "Last Valley" on BD. I once watched it in Karlsruhe, Germany, during their Cinerama Widescreen Festival. The print was terrible faded... but what an even!

And yes, the DVD is indeed a disaster!

Was that in 2008 at the Schauburg Cinerama cinema? That was a Todd-AO 70mm Festival. The Last Valley was released by Cinerama releasing but never promoted as "In Cinerama".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks