What's new

The Twilight Time News and Info Thread (1 Viewer)

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
My top three Columbia wishes are:

Godspell
and the two Hayworth/Astaire films
You'll Never Get Rich
You Were Never Lovelier

Interdimensional

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ed
Twilight Time said:
We have one 3D title scheduled for December -- it'll be announced along with the Nov/Dec releases during the first week of August.

Can't wait for the announcement! There are many vintage 1950s titles I'd love to see become available, and a few 80s as well. Hope more will be forthcoming from yourselves. The situation has improved in recent years, but vintage 3-D remains a rare and sought after commodity.

For titles that were originally filmed in 3-D, that should be respected like the intended aspect ratio. Always push for a 3-D disc release, this is much appreciated!! :thumbs-up-smiley:

Mike Ballew

Second Unit
Real Name
MIKE BALLEW
Twilight Time said:
Just a heads-up that our 3D title scheduled for December is a spectacular, recent sci-fi film from Japan - absolutely stunning in 3-D and 2-D!

Ah. Thanks anyway. Hope you do very well with it.

disctrip

Supporting Actor
Real Name
hank freitas
That's a joke right? recent sci-fi from Japan, has to be a joke. Especially with so many 50's sci-fi from the 50;s that have yet to see a 3-D release.

Interdimensional

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ed
Twilight Time said:
Just a heads-up that our 3D title scheduled for December is a spectacular, recent sci-fi film from Japan - absolutely stunning in 3-D and 2-D!

not quite where my interest lies, but always good to see 3-D released in 3-D and I hope it's a strong seller. Bear in mind that titles already available in overseas markets may not sell as well as newly available titles, as I'm sure you're aware.

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Well I might as well throw some titles into the hat. I know most of the labels and those who read my posts know I love horror and science fiction all year around , not just October, that being said TT , any chance of these titles becoming part of the TT collection

Hand of Death - I know this had an MOD from Fox not too long ago but its DVDr not a blu ray

SpaceMaster X-7 -- nobody has released this title commercially and I feel anything unreleased should have a chance :) It is with Fox

Day of the Triffids - I had hoped you might pursue this movie even if the person who spent a lot on restoring it has a high asking price

The Creeping Flesh - a title with Sony and would be a great seller

The Brasher Doubloon - another great Noir on DVDr from Fox

Cry of the City - same as the Brasher Doubloon - DVDr

I saw your comment that you do have more Fox Noir titles coming , so thank you for getting those

Also are you able to license the same titles that have also been licensed to Mill Creek ? They have Mothra, Battle in Outer Space, Scream of Fear, Boris Karloff Films, a lot of great older scifi horror that have already gotten dvd releases, and they are re-packaging them for another DVD release ...

They even have Panic Room which is often requested for a blu ray release :)

And one more *Warlords of Atlantis* this has NEVER ever had a domestic DVD or bluray release. Since At the Earth, Land the Time Forgot are out, People That Time Forgot is coming, why not license Warlords and make a lot of fans happy as punch :)

John Hermes

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Hermes

Quatermass II

Second Unit
Real Name
John Hayes
Many thanks, John - a decent DVD release (based on my previous experience of WA releases) at last for this underrated western. The quality of the currently available versions seem to be pretty dubious, so I've been making do with my old taped-from-TV VHS for years, so it will be good to have this one.

Thanks again for letting me know, John.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
A few more suggestions I think would be great for TT:

-The Whole Wide World(1996) an almost criminally overlooked gem about Robert E. Howard a great Pulp writer. Zellweger, and D'Onofrio are just about perfect.

And speaking of Japanese films how about two really good ones from Koreeda

-Maborosi. A woman struggles after the apparent suicide of her true love.

-After Life. After death people are given the chance to relive their most cherished memory for all eternity. Powerful film that should stick in your head days after viewing.

Nick*Z

Screenwriter
Real Name
NICK
It's high time WILSON was rescued from the nightmarish purgatory it currently exists in - crummy transfer.

Also on my radar:

Star!

Peyton Place

Anastasia (1956)

Woman's World

Doctor Doolittle

Anna and the King

Forever Amber

Suez

Little Women (1994 from Sony)

How to Steal a Million

Two for the Road

Margie

...also, some vintage Shirley Temple (The Littlest Colonel, The Little Princess, Captain January et al) would be nice....and long overdue!!!

...also, there are at least two Fox 'marquee' musicals that long ago should have been a no-brainer on Blu-ray:

Down Argentine Way

The Dolly Sisters

It wouldn't hurt to have That Night in Rio, Daddy Long Legs, Springtime in the Rockies, Mother Wore Tights, I Wonder Who's Kissing Her Now, and, Alexander's Ragtime Band too!

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Twilight Time said:

Yes, I hope that is a joke. I take back my comment of buying it no matter what the title is. I was assuming that it was a classic 3D title from the 1950's.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks