What's new

The Twilight Time News and Info Thread (3 Viewers)

Astairefan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Neil Powell
Can't really say as I'm interested in either of those, but I'm glad that Twilight Time still seems to be around. I'll admit, with WAC and some of the other labels really stepping up at the moment, I don't mind TT releasing something I'm not interested in, but I do hope that they will still be able to try releasing You Were Never Lovelier at some point soon, as that is still my most-wanted title that they had mentioned previously licensing (of course, I hope that whatever rights issues that held that one up have been cleared so that they can release it).

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus

lark144

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
mark gross
I'm more of a glass half full type when it comes to physical discs being released.
While I don't think the future titles will match the previous standard of Twilight Time, I'm happy to have more films released on BD. It remains to be seen if any are what I want though.
It looks like they think the most profitable market is in cheesy 70's & 80's martial-arts and horror films, and based on the success of Vinegar Syndrome, they're probably right. That will disappoint the classic-film enthusiasts and soundtrack collectors on this board, though.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Okay so back to Twilight time the financial, classic conflict started their own now if they have some of the same people that Twilight time had and it's going to be their own little union dues soundtrack only separation then why not name the company screen archives,
Come to think of it hasn't this company already had a single release didn't they do one of the Cinerama pictures I can't remember the company name but I know it was released on this site specifically

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Okay so back to Twilight time the financial, classic conflict started their own now if they have some of the same people that Twilight time had and it's going to be their own little union dues soundtrack only separation then why not name the company screen archives,
Come to think of it hasn't this company already had a single release didn't they do one of the Cinerama pictures I can't remember the company name but I know it was released on this site specifically
1608262633247.png

It's listed on the SAE Site as Redwind Productions it also shows as Twilight Time ,,,

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
It looks like they think the most profitable market is in cheesy 70's & 80's martial-arts and horror films, and based on the success of Vinegar Syndrome, they're probably right. That will disappoint the classic-film enthusiasts and soundtrack collectors on this board, though.

I think its less that they think those are going to be fantastic sellers and more that is what they were able to license first. Warner doesn't like to license, neither does Disney (Fox). Sony is doing more MOD with their catalog and Mill Creek had a bunch of their films licensed, Universal has been licensing some titles as does MGM, but their deals require deep pockets, so its hard to find available, affordable titles to license.

As B-Roll said its Holiday in Spain. TT was founded by Nick and Brian. They licensed all TT titles together. Brain did a handful on his own. I can't remember if Holiday in Spain was before TT or not. He also had To Whom It May Concern: Ka Shen's Journey. It was released on DVD by him and included as an extra on Fate is the Hunter TT Blu-ray. While with Twilight Time he also individually released the Universal TV movie Sunshine as a Redwind Production. It was probably categorized under TT as well as Redwind to give it greater exposure on the site. Twilight Time Movies.com did the same thing with it.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
I would love to see the Bronston catalog release by TT,
no , that's a Criterion box if I ever saw one

That would make a great box set if Criterion can get the rights to all of them.

Well, Criterion did release El Cid back in the laserdisc days:

Peter Yee

Premium
Yes - in fact it's taken a while but I have most of the data available now. It's a long and arduous process uploading it all - but i'm working on that at the moment.
Did I possibly miss an update as to whether uploading was completed? I've been following this thread, so if you posted access information elsewhere I may have failed to notice. Thanks.

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
Did I possibly miss an update as to whether uploading was completed? I've been following this thread, so if you posted access information elsewhere I may have failed to notice. Thanks.
I actually was focused on this upgrade. Pivoting back to the TT archives now :)

There are close to 35GB of files in these folders - much of them raw photoshop assets, so it will take time to deconstruct.

EDIT: If anyone wants to volunteer to help with this undertaking, I'm certainly not opposed to help!

Last edited:

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
I actually was focused on this upgrade. Pivoting back to the TT archives now :)

There are close to 35GB of files in these folders - much of them raw photoshop assets, so it will take time to deconstruct.

EDIT: If anyone wants to volunteer to help with this undertaking, I'm certainly not opposed to help!

Woah! You mean there are lots of actual RAW format photo files that need proper processing, not ready-to-use TIFFs or such?

_Man_

Peter Yee

Premium

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
As B-Roll said its Holiday in Spain. TT was founded by Nick and Brian. They licensed all TT titles together. Brain did a handful on his own. I can't remember if Holiday in Spain was before TT or not. He also had To Whom It May Concern: Ka Shen's Journey. It was released on DVD by him and included as an extra on Fate is the Hunter TT Blu-ray. While with Twilight Time he also individually released the Universal TV movie Sunshine as a Redwind Production. It was probably categorized under TT as well as Redwind to give it greater exposure on the site. Twilight Time Movies.com did the same thing with it.

Holiday in Spain Blu-ray was released in 2014 and available for purchase by Screen Archives. Maybe in later years TT had it on their site.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks