What's new

The Twilight Time News and Info Thread (1 Viewer)

JoelA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Arndt
This is interesting. I received an e-mail from SAE today announcing a 20% off sale for Twilight Time titles, so thought I'd check it out. I thought ok, 20% off $14.95/pc. would be a great time to stock up on some titles, however, they've increased the prices back to $19.95, so now with the 20% off the cost is $15.96/pc. Nice.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
This is interesting. I received an e-mail from SAE today announcing a 20% off sale for Twilight Time titles, so thought I'd check it out. I thought ok, 20% off $14.95/pc. would be a great time to stock up on some titles, however, they've increased the prices back to $19.95, so now with the 20% off the cost is $15.96/pc. Nice.
I got that email too. I didn't bother to read it because I guessed they were playing that game.

HawksFord

Premium
Real Name
Maurice
I got that email too. I didn't bother to read it because I guessed they were playing that game.

I guess I'm just an optimist. I did read the email and click through to the site before being disappointed.

There are still a few Twilight Time discs I wouldn't mind picking up if the price was right, but this was not the right price for me.

richardburton84

Second Unit
Real Name
Jack
It seems the label will be coming back at least temporarily:

Screen Archives Entertainment is very grateful to Twilight Time co-founders Brian Jamieson and the late Nick Redman for allowing us to continue the Twilight Time brand with two new selections to be announced soon. Mike Finnegan and others who help Brian and Nick produce the Twilight Time blu-rays were a first-rate team. We have been fortunate to secure Mike's services to ensure we match the earlier titles quality. We have changed the final package only slightly, as many of you will recognize the outstanding graphics of designer Jim Titus. We have additional titles in various stages of production now, and hope to accelerate our release schedule in the future. Even though we started with the last release under Brian and Nick, the lead time for the production of each blu-ray is several months, made even slower under COVID. There are many complexities involved in acquiring the materials, licensing, checks, double-checks, and rechecks regarding quality before authoring and compression. And captioning. Finally, we had to find a provider to press the discs and print in the quantity that we are licensed to produce. Many of you have suggested titles, so feel free to send any suggestions, ideas, or comments to [email protected] We won't respond to every message, but it will be useful to hear from you.

As far as possibilities of the two forthcoming titles mentioned in the quote above, they were waiting on a new restoration of The Iron Horse before the Disney takeover and Nick Redman’s death, to name just one possibility.

Adam Gregorich

Owner
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
This at least gives me a glimmer of hope that a few of my holy grails from Fox might still get released.
I'm interested to see what it is, but I would be surprised if it were a Fox title. Either way I wish SAE well with continuing the brand. I'm glad they have Mike involved. It would be great if they could get Julie Kirgo to do the essays too.

Arthur Powell

Second Unit
Real Name
Arthur
I'm interested to see what it is, but I would be surprised if it were a Fox title. Either way I wish SAE well with continuing the brand. I'm glad they have Mike involved. It would be great if they could get Julie Kirgo to do the essays too.

I'm assuming that there are still a handful of licensed Fox titles left that TT didn't get around to for one reason or another (The Iron Horse and Centennial Summer for instance). If we're only talking about newly licensed material, then Fox titles would not likely be seen.

jayembee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jerry
I thought I remembered Flight of the Phoenix being a possible release some time ago. I’d like to see that one put out here in the US.

I hadn't heard about that one specifically, but given that Eureka did a release in the UK, I wouldn't be surprised if that was something that Twilight Time had arranged for.

Others (aside from Centennial Summer and The Iron Horse) that had supposedly been agreed to with Fox include Alien Nation, Fallen Angel, and Gorilla at Large.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I'm not much into martial arts films so would probably pass on Man from Hong Kong, but Venom sounds interesting.

richardburton84

Second Unit
Real Name
Jack
Never heard of either of those films and am not really a fan of martial arts films. I just hope the lack of isolated scores on both of them merely indicate that no tapes were found for their respective scores and not that they’re moving away from including them (as isolated scores were their primary draw for a large number of films).

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus
One regret was not buying Our Man Flint & In Like Flint when they came out. I do have the Ultimate Flint Collection dvd but i hope both will reappear on Blu-ray. It might be a long wait since Disney owns the films.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sur