What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

The Twilight Time News and Info Thread (1 Viewer)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
So, does Twilight Time have Hal Ashby's Shampoo? I know that Grover Crisp said quite a while ago that they had completed work on this title but while other titles completed around the same time have all emerged on blu-ray this one still has not.

Perhaps 2018 is the year?
Wouldn't It Be Nice?

Last edited:

PGB

Agent
Real Name
Geoffrey Blowers
Wouldn't It Be Nice?

And wouldn't it also be nice if TT could bring their last DVD, The Left Hand of God to blu ray. And speaking of Grover Crisp, when will the 4K scan of John Ford's The Long Grey Line see the light of day on blu?

Big Gay Andy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Andy Powell
Another Marilyn title that should be out on Blu-ray is The Prince and the Showgirl. And I am really surprised that Warner Archive has not released the restored roadshow edition of Raintree County in all this time. It's been restored, TCM screens it periodically in its proper aspect ratio, so where is the Blu-ray already?

Joel Arndt

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Arndt
I don't mean to derail the TT thread further, but Andy, since you're a new member of HTF, following is a link to the 7 plus year-old thread regarding Raintree County. I'm sure it'll take you longer to read every comment as opposed to watching the film. Long story short, even though the elements are broadcast worthy, they aren't in any condition for a quality Blu-ray presenation at this time and the cost to restore them would be prohibitive. This has been confirmed by HTF Insider and restoration expert Robert Harris.

https://www.hometheaterforum.com/community/threads/raintree-county-on-blu.302716/#post-3672170

Regarding The Prince and the Showgirl, I agree that it would be a worthy release on Blu through the Archive, but again it depends upon the condition of the elements, cost and where it stands in the line-up with other potential releases. With the enormous catalogue of titles owned by Warner, I'm sure the task of deciding what to release must be daunting.

Also, to find out more info. on HTF regarding either Raintree County or the Warner Archive, you can always do a search. There are numerous discussions on both topics.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Any Chance of Twilight Time releasing a blu ray of Stagecoach (1966)? Which was previously released by TT on DVD.
HDNET movies is showing a very nice looking HD version. 1st time I saw it and was surprised how much I liked it. Not up to the 1939 version but given its reputation I think a bit underrated.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I was a kid when Sink the Bismarck! first came out, and even though my dad served in the Pacific in World War II, he never wanted to talk much about the war. I certainly didn't know at that young age anything about the war in the Atlantic, so Sink the Bismarck! was a great lesson for my brother and me. Always found the movie riveting.

Astairefan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Neil Powell
Any Chance of Twilight Time releasing a blu ray of Stagecoach (1966)? Which was previously released by TT on DVD.
HDNET movies is showing a very nice looking HD version. 1st time I saw it and was surprised how much I liked it. Not up to the 1939 version but given its reputation I think a bit underrated.
I know they have said previously they have the license to release the movie on blu, but they were waiting for a new transfer. I asked them about it on Facebook at the beginning of May, and they indicated no news yet on it.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Showgirl looks great on DVD, so I can't imagine why it couldn't be released on Blu-ray.

Well, it looks nice but I would hardly call it great looking. Also, it's a full frame job rather an anamorphic wide screen transfer. Definitely needs some restoration work before a blu release. Warners knows their stuff and they're quite aware of how in demand Mornoe titles are. If it hasn't been released yet, there's a good reason.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
'The Bride' is coming from Shout Factory. For a long time I had hoped Twilight Time would release this . I'm guessing the transfer wasn't good enough, and TT passed on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mayrel2015
Recent bookmarks