What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

The Twilight Time News and Info Thread (1 Viewer)

Dave B Ferris

Screenwriter
One of the films Robert Parrish directed is on a Twilight Time disc: In The French Style. It's a good film and a good disc. Robert Parrish was a pretty good director of women. Jean Seberg is excellent in this film and Julie London was good in the two Westerns she made with Robert Parrish. There is another Columbia title directed by him: Fire Down Below. I take it for granted that at some stage Sony will provide a 4K master of this film.

I was also very pleased when Kino released "The Wonderful Country" on Blu.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

BRAD1963

Supporting Actor
Real Name
BRAD
The only information TT has publicly confirmed about Gorilla At Large is that they acquired the license from Fox.

Considering the fact that Man in the Dark and Mad Magician sold out and Miss Sadie Thompson is currently "low quantity" at Screen Archives, I'm cautiously optimistic that Gorilla At Large will be released in 3-D.

As with every title from Fox, TT is waiting for a decent transfer if not a 4k restoration.

revgen

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dan
I hope that's the case. A 2-D HD transfer already exists and is currently available on VUDU. TT could have used that if they wanted to.

If Fox is in charge of providing the 3-D master, then I'm curious about how they'll do it. Will they do it in-house or will they opt to hire a 3rd party (3-D Film Archive) to complete the task?

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
In listening to the complete commentary track of TT's "Bunny Lake is Missing", which was hosted by Mr. Redman, Ms. Kirgo and Lem Dobbs; there was reference made to a Robert Donat film entitled "The Magic Box". In this film, Laurence Olivier made a mere 5 minute appearance; but it was said that these very 5 minutes was "a lesson in acting".
Once again, TT has whetted my appetite; and I wonder if they have hopes of capturing this film for our consumption?

Last edited:

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
It would be great if TT could offer us Otto Preminger's "The Cardinal" (1963).

Possibilites:
It's from Columbia Pictures; and that means Grover Crisp.

Attributes:
Leon Shamroy was nominated against himself for "The Cardinal" in the year of his 4th win for "Cleopatra".
John Huston received his sole acting nomination for "The Cardinal".
Otto Preminger received his only other directing nomination for the "The Cardinal"; post "Laura".

Last edited:

Dee Zee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tom
It would be great if TT could offer us Otto Preminger's "The Cardinal" (1963).

Possibilites:
It's from Columbia Pictures; and that means Grover Crisp.

Attributes:
Leon Shamroy was nominated against himself for "The Cardinal" in the year of his 4th win for "Cleopatra".
John Huston received his sole acting nomination for "The Cardinal".
Otto Preminger received his only other directing nomination for the "The Cardinal"; post "Laura".
I too would love to see The Cardinal on blu by TT. It would be a Godsend, pun intended.

Reactions: PMF

Stephen PI

Supporting Actor
Has anyone viewed BENEATH THE 12-MILE REEF yet? I'm waiting for some reviews before I pull the trigger.
Looking forward to this as the original 4.0 (as 5.1) will be heard on home video for the first time and the isolated score is three-channel, the format of the original recording, so it will be great to hear the discrete groups of three harps in the LCR, total of nine, on several cues.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I hope to test out the 3D functions of my newly upgraded HT for the first time this week. If it looks good, I may order Gun Fury.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hilogisticz
Recent bookmarks