What's new

The Twilight Time News and Info Thread (4 Viewers)

PGB

Agent
Real Name
Geoffrey Blowers
All the King's Men won the AA for Best Picture and Best Actor (Crawford) for 1949. The novel won the Pulitzer Prize in 1946 and it's an excellent read, particularly in its unexpurgated edition. Both the novel and film are devastating portraits of the rise of a demagogue. The more things change...
It was edited by Robert Parrish who went on to direct films himself later. Parrish wrote a very good memoir entitled Growing Up in Hollywood

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
It was edited by Robert Parrish who went on to direct films himself later. Parrish wrote a very good memoir entitled Growing Up in Hollywood

One of the films Robert Parrish directed is on a Twilight Time disc: In The French Style. It's a good film and a good disc. Robert Parrish was a pretty good director of women. Jean Seberg is excellent in this film and Julie London was good in the two Westerns she made with Robert Parrish. There is another Columbia title directed by him: Fire Down Below. I take it for granted that at some stage Sony will provide a 4K master of this film.

PGB

Agent
Real Name
Geoffrey Blowers
One of the films Robert Parrish directed is on a Twilight Time disc: In The French Style. It's a good film and a good disc. Robert Parrish was a pretty good director of women. Jean Seberg is excellent in this film and Julie London was good in the two Westerns she made with Robert Parrish. There is another Columbia title directed by him: Fire Down Below. I take it for granted that at some stage Sony will provide a 4K master of this film.
Yes I would hope so too. Btw, do you have any news of whether we will see a blu ray edition of Sony's supposed 4K restoration of Ford's "The Long Gray Line"?

BRAD1963

Supporting Actor
Real Name
BRAD
Yes I would hope so too. Btw, do you have any news of whether we will see a blu ray edition of Sony's supposed 4K restoration of Ford's "The Long Gray Line"?

I cannot see any reason TT would not want to release it. John Ford and Tyrone Power. But it all depends on if Sony has made it available to them.

Last edited:

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Very tempted to do a blind buy on Beneath The 12-Mile Reef, but ultimately, I think I will hold out for a sale. As often as not, I somewhat regret my TT blind buys -- not because the movies are bad, but because I've been finding a lot of their titles aren't things I want to rewatch a lot, and the same titles are usually available as streaming rentals from the same masters. But I will keep that one in mind, and potentially try it on a sale.

On the other hand, I did buy Gun Fury in 3D, which I saw in theaters last year and enjoyed.

revgen

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dan
The only information TT has publicly confirmed about Gorilla At Large is that they acquired the license from Fox.

Considering the fact that Man in the Dark and Mad Magician sold out and Miss Sadie Thompson is currently "low quantity" at Screen Archives, I'm cautiously optimistic that Gorilla At Large will be released in 3-D.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks