What's new

"The Surreal Life 2" on WB (1 Viewer)

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I missed the first episode last night, dang! Does anyone know if it'll be on a again?

I liked the first season a lot, will be interesting to see how this one turns out. :)

Kelly W

Second Unit
I didn't see it last night either-- too many other shows to watch at that time.

If I'm not mistaken it will be repeated TONIGHT. My TiVo is supposed to record it for me. =)

-Kelly

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I have it recorded, but haven't watched it yet. My officemate said it was pretty funny, though, especially Ron "Hedgehog" Jeremy.

Brian_FSullivan

Stunt Coordinator

You can catch an encore tonight (Monday, Jan 12) at 9:00/8:00c. The WB will also encore the first three episodes (Jan 11, Jan 18 and Jan 25) on Super Bowl Sunday (Feb 1) as counterprogramming.

Hope that helps.

Mike_Stuewe

Stunt Coordinator
I thought it was uber-weak. Nothing compared to the first one. The people just arent as cool. Vanilla Ice seems like a jacka$$. The chick from the real world seems like a slut. Ron Jeremy is constantly making perverted comments. Tamy Faye is constantly preaching the gospel. The only person I didnt have a problem with was Erik Estrada. He seemed ok.

The first cast just mixed so well together, even with Cory Feldman being a loser, the rest had their differences, but they worked. I dont think Ill be watching the rest of the episodes.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I just watched it, and I found it LOL funny in spots, and look forward to the rest of the episodes. It's definitely a show for pop cultural junkies.

Jeff*S*C*

Second Unit

Yeah I too wish they would all just be normal and get along so it would be an ABSOLUTELY boring show.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the info about the rerun!

I watched it and liked it a lot. I didn't think Rob (Ice) was an asshole, but he definitely has some anger issues... and his desire to erase all of the "Vanilla Ice" stuff is just not sane. That's who he was, just accpet it and move on.

The only one I didn't like was Traci Bingham. The tub is the wrong COLOR? I always thought she was hot, but I don't think I can see a picture of her now and find her attractive. :)

The others were all more normal... The most low profile one was Erik, but the other three didn't really stand out either.

I'm looking forward to seeing more. :)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I thought it was hilarious that for Ice Ice that if you couldn't microwave it, it wasn't fit to be bought for consumption (Jimmy Dean sausage). He's definitely in the "nuke-it and eat-it" crowd.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
1/18/04 Episode 2 (Reruns on Thursday, FYI)

I literally fell off the couch watching Gary Coleman's meltdown at the restaurant. Oh, man, that was funny stuff. Ice was pretty unsympathetic to Gary given his own issues of his past "identity" crisis of being marketed one way that he feels doesn't represent who he is/was.

More drunk Traci, please.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Would you believe it, I missed it again! Thanks (again) for the rerun information, I'll catch it then. :)

/Mike

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
1/25/04

This was a pretty lackluster episode. First part was about having a medium "read" the folks in the house, and Traschelle got all freaked out by the medium. Traschelle also got drunk and was puking all over the place. Tammy Faye feared the medium and went back to reading the Good Book.

The second part had the crew do a play for a bunch of kids, and they only had 6 hours to rehearse the play. Traschelle pretty much slept the day away, but came through during the play, amazingly enough. They let Ron direct the production.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.