What's new

"The Sure Thing"(1985)30th Anniversary BD coming 3/24/15 from Shout Factory (1 Viewer)

lukejosephchung

Screenwriter
Real Name
Luke J. Chung
Press release was posted for this at Shout Factory just 20 minutes ago...John Cusack, Daphne Zuniga, Anthony Edwards & Nicolette Sheridan(in her film debut)and directed by Rob Reiner...sweet!!! :thumbsup:

Brian McP

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian
Great news -- Nicolette Sheridan I can never forget from this movie....

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
Kyrsten Brad said:
May we have hope now that "Valley Girl" will soon follow? Both movies are currently offered as a DVD double feature.

There are 2 unannounced Shout Factory Collector's Editions - now we know that Sure Thing is one of them. It's safe to speculate that Valley Girl is the other one. I really hope it is as it's one of my favorite 80's comedies. I guess Shout is testing the waters again with this genre. They said a while ago that 80's teen sex comedies don't sell (or was it Scorpion that said it?). In any case, great news!

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
52404_front.jpg

Now Available for Preorder

The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
cineMANIAC said:
There are 2 unannounced Shout Factory Collector's Editions - now we know that Sure Thing is one of them. It's safe to speculate that Valley Girl is the other one. I really hope it is as it's one of my favorite 80's comedies. I guess Shout is testing the waters again with this genre. They said a while ago that 80's teen sex comedies don't sell (or was it Scorpion that said it?). In any case, great news!
You make a interesting point, especially considering that "Valley Girl" featured a young ( portrayed as a late-teens )Nicholas Cage in one of his early roles. And speaking of Nicholas, I'm getting for Christmas both National Treasure movies on Blu as part of our Disney (DMC) Christmas package ( 8 Disney titles).

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Brad here. Went ahead and finished out the pre-order due to the fact that these pre-ords have a habit of jumping in price as I found out with the pre-ord for Battlestar Galactica, The Definitive Edition.
To ensure free shipping I added in The Right Stuff (1983) and The Good, The Bad and the Ugly (1966, new 4K Remaster). Shucks, November and December have really been a hit to the wallet.
And I still have the pre-ords coming in for Mr. Smith Goes To Washington(1939), Running Scared (1986) and Time Bandits (1981) coming in this month to hit the bank account.

This Christmas, I'm definitely taking a lot of time for movie watching.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks