What's new

The Smurfs on DVD? (1 Viewer)

Angela_K

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Angela
Sorry if there's already been a thread about this.

Any hope of ever getting this on DVD? I love this cartoon, I watch it on Boomerang but would so love to have it on DVD. :emoji_thumbsup:

Joe:C

Second Unit
I mentioned Smurfs in the Hanna-Barbera thread. It is definitely something I'd like to see on dvd.

Angela_K

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Angela
Thanks, I'll check out that thread :)

Yes it should be on DVD. This is one show that truly stands the test of time :)

Second Unit
At tvshowsondvd.com The Smurfs is ranked 51st amongst unreleased shows and 101st overall. Thats a pretty high ranking, so it looks like there is quite a demand for the show.

Angela_K

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Angela
That is really good, I hope it gets in the top 10 sometime, maybe that will get it released(I know that's no guarantee, but it might help) :)

MichaelColvin

Stunt Coordinator
I remember this show from my childhood, and it would be fun to revisit it. I'd love to see a release. Especially since it became a large part of pop-culture during the 80's. It's also very interesting to think about Smurfette, as the one lone female Smurf and how she tried to corrupt the smurfs.

It'd be great to get this on DVD to have another watch.

Angela_K

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Angela
I had no idea Warner Bros. owned the rights, maybe they'll release sometime this year. *crosses fingers*

Yep I remember the Smurfs' phenomenon very well. I was 7 when the Smurfs debuted, and loved it from the first moment. Smurf mania was very rampant ;)

florence franks

Stunt Coordinator
I love season sets but I figure realisticly chances were not good, after all its not violent, dark or depressing like current trend out there. Maybe this goofy CG Smurf flick coming in few years will spawn them to tie some season sets to it.

Angela_K

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Angela
I think they'd have to split it up into volumes wouldn't they? Cause of how many episodes there were in a season :)

Martin_C

Stunt Coordinator
The show is coming to DVD in Germany. Three Volumes with a running time of 96 minutes each will smurf stores in October. That's what, eight 12 minute episodes?

The DVD is listed as only having a german audio track, but this is early info, so it could change down the line.

Second Unit
Tv.com has the first season as 40 episodes. I'm pretty sure though that they have the individual stories listed as seperate episodes. Most of the time each 30 minute episode had at least 2 stories. So, it probably didn't have 40 full episodes in the first season. With that in mind, I think season sets are a possibility.

Angela_K

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Angela
Yeah on Boomerang the episodes run about 23 minutes and that's two episodes in the half hour uncut with no commercials, so I think season sets could work

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks