I say $249.00 before discounts.

And about $175.00 on street date.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
$175 to $200 is a bargain for a set with 29 discs. I would expect it to cost at least $300.

This is kind of like playing THE PRICE IS RIGHT and I am very interested to see which one of us comes closest to the actual retail price.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
$175 to $200 is a bargain for a set with 29 discs. I would expect it to cost at least $300.
I'm sure Disney would love to charge that much but the only reason I think they won't is because once it gets above $200, they price themselves out of the reach of most people.

This is kind of like playing THE PRICE IS RIGHT and I am very interested to see which one of us comes closest to the actual retail price.
Ha! I'm saying $249.99 MSRP and after the usual discounts, I say it'll be $180.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
27 discs seems like a lot, but when you break it down, it may not be an outrageous amount of content or price. 27 discs is 3 per movie, and of that, probably one disc is a movie only UHD disc, one disc is xx a movie only BD disc of the new master, and one disc is bonus material similar to what’s on the iTunes/Vudu digital versions.

Rob W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Robert
I am going over to the dark side. I have been going through the series on Disney+ in 4K, Dolby Vision & Atmos and the quality is so surprisingly good that I will not be buying the discs, unless the titles eventually disappear from the service.

Last edited:

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
This better not be a Best Buy Exclusive!

Probably exclusive packaging only. I don't think something like this could be relegated only to one chain of stores. Disney would want to squeeze every last penny from it. The more sales the better.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I am going over to the dark side. I have been going through the series on Disney+ in 4K, Dolby Vison & Atmos and the quality is so surprisingly good that I will not be buying the discs, unless the titles eventually disappear from the service.
Yes, I cannot see paying Di$ney's inflated disc prices for this set as long as I am paying for their streaming service which already includes the films in 4K. I have paid for the service already for the next 3 years. If I decide not to renew then, I am sure this set will be a lot less expensive at that time.

Last edited:

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein

:lol:

maxresdefault.jpg

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
Would three of those disc contain A New Hope, Empire and Jedi in its original unaltered State? ;)
Yup, along with Song of the South, Hitchcock's The Mountain Eagle, Orson Welles' original cut of The Magnificent Ambersons, von Stroheim's edit of Greed, and The Day the Clown Cried.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks