What's new

The Shield TV series - correct AR for DVD ? (1 Viewer)

Simon Massey

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Simon Massey
It appears the R2 DVD release of The Shield will be anamorphic 1.78:1. Can anyone confirm if this aspect ration is creator's intent or should it be 1.33:1 like the R1 version.

Adam_ME

Supporting Actor
I remember reading somewhere that the creators of the show wanted it shown in 1.33:1. I'll be interested to read reviews of the R2 set and find out how the WS aspect ratio looks.

Christopher E

Stunt Coordinator
I'm pretty sure that the Shield's intended AR is 4x3. If anyone wants to post a comparison, the deleted scenes in the R1 version are in 1.78:1 (not sure why exactly). I believe that the deleted scene from Episode 2:Our Gang actually contains part of the next scene that did make it into the final episode. I think I'll check that out myself, but I can't post any screen shots since my computer doesn't have a DVD drive.

Jari

Stunt Coordinator
Probably both aspect ratios are valid like in so many other current tv shows (The X-Files and some other Fox titles that I won't mention....;))

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks