What's new

"The Sentinel" aka "24 - The Movie" (1 Viewer)

Scott McGillivray

Supporting Actor
Hi Gang!

I just watched the new trailer for this movie and was stunned at how much it looks like a bizzaro twist to the TV show "24". Keifer is playing darn near the same role, albiet it looks like he is more by-the-book than his Jack Bauer roles.

It might be a good movie, but I would be looking for Chloe and the other regular "24" character to show up.

Take a look at the trailer and let me know what you think.

The Sentinel Trailer

Kristian

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kristian
Couldn't watch the trailer (I can't use Quicktime 7 on this PC), but I will say this... That is the cheapest, laziest, most generic teaser poster I've ever seen. :thumbsdown:

EDIT: Nevermind, it's probably just a placeholder Apple has in the absence of a real teaser.

MattHR

Screenwriter
Looks very 24-esque. But that's cool, I love the genre. The scene where Sutherland yells, "Holster your weapon!" looks like it was lifted from 24.

StephenA

Screenwriter
When I saw the trailer on the Coming Attractions show E has this morning, I thought the same thing. I was half a sleep and just waking up when I saw it, so at first I thought I was imagining it.

Carl_G

Stunt Coordinator
Jack Bauer in a suit.

Looks like a cool movie, but he will be very distracting for any 24 fan.

Scott McGillivray

Supporting Actor
I wonder why they did not just make a "24" movie. I have heard rumours about that for a couple of years now. They could have done it and just had Mike Douglas as the head of CTU or something.

Really, really strange.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Supposedly, Kiefer's role in this movie is the complete opposite of Jack Bauer. In other words, his character is very much by the book. As for a "24" movie, I've read that it could still happen, but as of right now there's nothing in the works.

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
Not sure what the point of a "24" movie is: the whole "hook" of 24 is the "real-time" aspect and its convoluted plots, which do indeed require a run-time of 24 hours (ok, more like 18 after you remove commercials), so in a movie, do you abandon real-time, or keep it to 2 hours real-time and therefore presumably have a fairly straightforward plot, either of which reduces it to a generic action/thriller movie?

Rakesh.S

Second Unit
Looks pretty dumb

2 tv stars and a washed up movie star..I don't see this doing too well.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
Looks pretty good to me.

Yee,
They could make it a in between episode type deal. Those don't run clocks on the screen. They usually run 15 minutes so they could just make it 2 hrs.

Kevin Grey

Senior HTF Member
Thought the trailer looked pretty good myself. Doesn't speak to the movie's quality of course but it has a good cast and crew and I always love a well done thriller in this vein.

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
I read the novel several years ago -- I love Gerald Petievich. He's the author of "To Live and Die in L.A." as well. (He used to be a Secret Service agent.) I'd like to see this one.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
I liked the trailer. Obviously they went out their way to hit you over the head with the 24 references, but I responded positively. If only the built-in 24 audience shows up, this one will make a boatload of loot.

In what parallel universe is Michael Douglas a washed up movie star?

--
H

Rakesh.S

Second Unit
no parallel universe..how about THIS universe?

Has he made a decent movie in the last 5 years? None of them were close to being hits.

Don't Say A Word was probably his last "hit" film.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Six years without a noteworthy film is nothing in a long and distinguished career as not only an actor, but a leading man and a movie star. Certainly not enough to qualify for "washout" status.

I very much trust that Mr Douglas is not wanting for work (6 flicks lined up for the next 2 years not including this one - imdb). He is one of the most charismatic actors around, few can play men of authority like he does. At this point, because of the aforementioned body of work, the man is immortal.

--
H

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
"Has he made a decent movie in the last 5 years? None of them were close to being hits."

Traffic.

Hes getting older and prob wants to spend time with his family and thats ok. I think Douglas is the type who wont become washed up. Hes held in pretty high regard and can come back to do whatever he wants whenever he wants.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I am bummed. I thought we might be getting a movie version of one of my favorite tv shows..."The Sentinel". About the cop with super senses. :)

Brian W. Ralston

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian W. Ralston

There is a 24 movie being planned at Fox. The movie will not run in real time for 2 hours, rather the movie will have 3 segments of events in a 24 hour period and each segment will be in real time. Also...it is supposed to have a more "international" scope and feel than the TV series. The segmented real time will allow them to travel around more in the movie.

Probably in summer 2007 or 2008 from what I have heard.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks